What is the CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice?
Whether you'd like a refresher, you're looking to expand your knowledge, or you're starting a career in the people profession, the Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice will help you progress. You'll gain the capabilities you need to attract new talent and maintain your organisation's ability to do right by your people, or kick start your brand-new career.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at those new to HR or currently working in a HR support role
What qualification will I get?
CIPD Level 3 Certificate in People Practice
How long will it take?
Typically 8 months
Here are the four CIPD Level 3 modules you’ll cover, and what you’ll be able to do by the end of each one:
CIPD Level 3 module list and syllabus
Unit 1: Business, culture and change in context
You’ll learn about…
• The external influences that impact businesses, including goal setting.
• How to define workplace culture and how people’s behaviour shapes it.
• How organisations are whole systems and how your actions affect others.
• How people learn, adapt and develop in different ways.
• How people professionals impact people, and best to manage change.
Unit 2: Principles of analytics
You’ll learn about…
• How evidence-based practice informs outcomes.
• How to use data to inform decision making and interpret financial information.
• The concept of creating value for both customers and stakeholders.
• The role of analytics and other technology in enhancing working practices.
Unit 3: Core behaviours for people professionals
You’ll learn about…
• Developing insight into different approaches using ethical principles.
• Ethical values and how to contextualise them within your work.
• How to rectify issues and contribute opinions in a respectful and inclusive manner.
• Ways to recognise and accept your own mistakes and show empathy to others.
• Reflecting to consolidate and improve your knowledge, skills and experience.
Unit 4: Essentials of people practice
You’ll learn about…
• Effective recruitment of individuals through the assessment of employee lifecycles.
• Different recruitment methods that support your application of skills.
• Ways of preparing material for job roles and how to attract candidates.
• How to shortlist candidates, hold interviews and the associated follow-up actions.
• Diversity and inclusion in recruitment, employee relationships, and performance.
Avado were very helpful
Avado were very helpful in explaining what Level 3 would involved for my HR studies. I found all the student services very helpful and they were always on hand when I had a query and resolved any issues promptly.
CIPD Level 3 course highlights
Typically 8 months completion time
Learn at your own pace
Learn 100% online
12-month support period
Aimed at those new to HR or currently working in a HR support role
Download brochure to get course pricing & details
CIPD Level 3 qualification
The CIPD Level 3 Certificate is ideal for anyone looking to start a career in either HR or learning and development.
CIPD Level 3 for HR and L&D
When you work towards the Level 3 qualification, you’ll learn the essential skills to be eligible for an entry-level position like an HR Assistant or Administrator.
- Business, culture and change in context
- Principles of analytics
- Core behaviours for people professionals
- Essentials of people practice
CIPD Level 3 cost
Flexible learning deserves flexible payments
You have plenty of options when it comes to paying for your course. You can pay in full or spread the cost for free with interest-free finance plans of up to 18 months.
If you want your plan to be longer that’s no problem: we have plans of up to 48 months with a competitive APR.*
Your company can fund your course
Your boss is going to benefit just as much as you are from your training. Plus, since you’re studying online, you won’t have to take any expensive days off work. Give us a call and we’ll help you put together a business case.
*Click here for representative examples and full terms and conditions.
No hidden costs
The only additional cost is your CIPD membership, which you pay directly to the CIPD.
What's included in your CIPD Level 3 online and distance learning course?
When you learn with Avado, you get access to our virtual learning campus, which comes with lots of benefits. It's no different when you're working on your CIPD Level 3 courses online with us. You'll get:
24-hour access to the online campus
So you can complete your coursework when it suits your schedule.
Online, live classes
Regular online live classes with your tutor and classmates.
So you can focus on being productive while still developing yourself from home.
Dedicated, expert tutors
Subject matter-expert tutors and a community for support through the course.
CIPD Certificate career options
The skills you'll learn on this course will get you ready to take on Human Resources roles with more responsibility.
You'll also be eligible for Foundation Membership of the CIPD.
Whether you're already in a junior HR role or new to the field, with this qualification you will be eligible for HR roles such as:
Once you have your Level 3 Foundation qualification you can progress further with the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in People Management or the CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development.
*Average UK salary data from Totaljobs Salary Checker, January 2022
Reasons to choose Avado
- 100% online
- Award-winning learning design
- Collaborative learning
- Bite-sized learning on the go
- 0% finance options
- Easy steps to begin your course
- Hand-picked teaching experts
- Unlimited support
of graduates progressed their careers within 3 months of qualification
higher starting salary compared to unqualified candidates
of employers looking for more skilled candidates for HR roles
Frequently asked CIPD questions
A CIPD qualification is a globally-recognised indication that you have HR and L&D skills necessary for a role in the field.
A CIPD Level 3 qualification is the lowest level CIPD qualification you can get, and it's foundational for any other CIPD qualification. In terms of difficulty, it is about the same as A Levels.
This is a course for beginners, so you don’t need any formal qualifications to get started.
- To be over the age of 18 or have a third-party payee for any financial agreement
- A solid grasp of the English language (IELTS 6.5 or equivalent if English is not your first language)
- Access to a computer or other internet enabled device and a reliable internet connection, plus basic computer skills
- CIPD registration to receive your Diploma qualification
- Experience working in an HR role is beneficial, as well as a desire to work in an HR officer role
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is the professional body for HR and people development, with a worldwide community of around 140,000 members.
You can be confident you’re getting the best HR qualification available: CIPD qualifications are internationally respected by employers, and are designed by industry leading experts to include all the latest thinking and ideas.