Data driven decision making, powered by Tableau
Businesses are drowning in data. The ability to understand and utilise this data creates a real competitive advantage. Data Analyst apprentices benefit the business by collecting, organising and studying data to provide insight to the organisation. Apprentices will develop a good understanding of data structures, database systems and procedures and the range of tools used to undertake a range of different types of analyses.
Who is it for
Businesses who want to fill entry-level roles or up-skill entry-level analysts to better understand the business’ data and communicate findings. Data Analyst apprentices provide invaluable business insight and essential to any IT/intelligence team.
- Dell EMC Data Science Associate Certificate
- BCS Diploma in Data Analysis Concepts
- Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship
London, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Data Gathering, Analysis, Cleansing, Visualisation
- Excel 2016, SQL Workbench
- Dashboards, Tableau and PowerBi
- Rapid Miner, R, Regression & Clustering
- Big Data
- Advanced analytics theories and methods
Eligibility for the Data Analyst apprenticeship
Apprentices must meet the following criteria:
- To be at least 16 years old
- Have English and Maths GCSEs at grade C (4) or above
- The right to live and work in England
- To be able to commit to a full-time job plus the apprenticeship training
- To not hold a prior data (or similar) qualification at level 4 or higher
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a combination of a full-time job with training. The apprentice’s working time will be split 80/20. 80% of their working time will be spent with you, carrying out their day-to-day responsibilities. 20% of their time will be ‘off-the-job’ and spent working towards their apprenticeship qualification.
What counts as off-the-job training and how is the 20% measured?
Off-the-job training includes:
- Work spent on their apprenticeship qualification
- Face to face/virtual classroom training
- Any employer training
- Work spent on their reflective journal – for Arch it’s on Hive Learning
- Shadowing other teams
- Attending industry events
At Arch we have a 20% off-the-job tracker that the apprentice, their Learning & Development Coach and line manager monitor.
How is the training delivered?
For the data analyst programme it’s a mix of virtual and face to face training. Training is delivered in blocks to minimise disruption, so you won’t have someone leaving the office a day a week.
Why would I want to hire an apprentice?
Apprentices have proven to bring great value to a business. By hiring early talent using a structured training programme like an apprenticeship, it significantly improves the chances of the person succeeding. By investing in your early talent, you’ll develop a workforce that’s got skills that match the needs of your business.
76% of employers said that productivity has improved and 75% reported that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service. (source)
How are apprenticeships funded?
Apprenticeships are now funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. Businesses with an annual payroll of over £3 million pay 0.5% of their annual payroll into a digital account. The funds are then only redeemable on approved apprenticeship training. Find out more about the levy here.
Can the levy be spent on the apprentice’s salary?
No, funds can only be spent on the apprenticeship training with your training provider.
How do SME’s benefit from the levy?
If you’re a business that sits under the £3 million threshold, if you take on an apprentice you’ll only be required to contribute to 5% of the cost of the apprenticeship. For example, this would mean that a £12,000 Digital Marketer apprenticeship would cost you £600 and the government covers the remaining 95%. Payments come out in quarterly instalments.
If you’re a business with 49 employees or less, the government will cover 100% of the costs.
Can an existing employee go on an apprenticeship?
Yes they can. With the levy brought greater flexibility on who is eligible to go on an apprenticeship. As long as the person will be gaining substantial new skills (i.e wants to go on the level 3 digital marketer apprenticeship and has a marketing degree), then they’ll be eligible to go on programme.
Are there any incentives available?
Yes. If you take on a learner that is:
- 16-18 years old or
- 19-24 years old with an Education Health and Care plan or
- 19-24 years old and a care leaver
You’ll receive £1000 split between two payments after month three and month twelve. You only receive this incentive once per learner, so if you’ve already received this incentive with another training provider then you won’t receive it again.