Purpose and Objectives of Work
- Maintain all IT systems to a high standard to ensure operational availability
- Respond effectively to IT Help Desk requests
- Evaluate technical options and make recommendations to the Business Systems Manager
- To produce and review formal documentation
- To act as an ambassador for the IT Department
- To maintain an organised, clean, safe and productive working environment
Duties and Responsibilities
As the business continues to grow, our workforce grows with it! We are expanding our IT team based in our distribution centre in Burnley. This is an excellent opportunity to join the fastest growing e-commerce organisation in the country!
As a 1st Line Support Analyst Apprentice working as a part of a team, you will learn about, support and manage the existing server/network and desktop environment as well as being involved in various IT projects as the company looks to update and improve their infrastructure. You will operate the helpdesk, liaise with internal customers and suppliers, record and monitor system issues resolving or escalating when required.
The working hours for this role will be Monday Friday 09:00 – 17:30
IT Project Tasks & Administration
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages
- To learn and be responsible for an area of technical expertise
- Conduct research of new networking technologies where applicable
- Install, assemble and configure computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware as required for new installation and office reconfiguration
- Act as a technical resource to assist business users
- Make hardware and software acquisition recommendations
- Maintain current knowledge of hardware, software and network technologies
- Fully document work schedule and timekeeping,
- Record all IT Incidents and Service Requests in Central IM Database.
- Creation of Knowledge Base articles to develop organisation learning
- Administration/updating of IT documentation
Presentation, Customer Service and Customer Focus
- Adopt a mature, sincere and professional demeanour at all times
- Provide a first-rate service in a positive helpful manner
- Improve IT Systems organisational learning through effective user training
- Work under pressure in a fast-moving warehouse environment
- An understanding of install, troubleshooting and upgrading Windows-based operating systems
- To be able to work as part of a team, prioritising your work, on more than one task concurrently, to tight deadlines.
- To have proven formal documentation skills
- To be able to demonstrate examples where you have been required to show initiative, had the ability to solve problems of a complex nature, be innovative and displayed good interpersonal skills
- To be articulate and able to communicate technical issues to all levels of management
- Understanding of Client / Server communications on complicated networks
- Work experience of some sort within the IT sector
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Good understanding Windows 7 & 10
- Basic understanding of wireless technologies
Desirable Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of warehouse IT systems
- Ability to install, troubleshoot and upgrade hardware and software issues
- Ability to explain technical information to users in a friendly way
- Basic understanding of improving IT Security
- Office365 and MS Exchange 2010/2013
- Manage-engine or something similar
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
Qualifications & Professional Membership
Any further subject matter speciality within education or higher qualification relevant to a career in Computing and IT
A personal interest in the field presentable when requested.
Health & safety
- Ensures that all employees within department work in a safe manner
- Fully understands the fire, emergency and health & safety procedures of the workplace
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are taken care of immediately, and are reported appropriately
- Works in a safe and responsible manner, within the framework of legislation and workplace-specific policies
- Is an ambassador for the brand
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by the direct manager or senior management, including Head of Human Resources.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
Due to the evolving nature of our organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.
Heasandford Industrial Estate, Widow Hill Rd, Burnley BB10 2BQ