Support the People and Organizational Development (POD) team by providing accurate, proactive, customer focused and comprehensive administrative support across all aspects of HR – including recruitment, HR advisory, reward and benefits, and learning and development.
The International Secretariat, which operates from a number of sites around the world, gathers and communicates accurate and action-oriented human rights information globally. We campaign for meaningful human rights change; enable effective human rights activism and work to persuade governments and other actors to uphold universal human rights standards. We provide strategic leadership, support and advice to the Amnesty International movement globally, fostering Amnesty International’s contribution, presence and public accountability throughout the world.
- Learning & Development Manager
- Key working relationships with HR & Recruitment Advisors
- Support the Recruitment Advisors with the coordination of end to end recruitment process as necessary including; candidate management, job advertising, scheduling and facilitating interviews, administering tests, preparing offer letters, contracts and supporting with the onboarding process.
- Support with utilising a variety of sourcing methods, finding creative solutions to attracting talent
- Arranging travel and accommodation for candidates where necessary.
- Financial administration – arranging payment of expenses for candidates, raising purchase orders and processing invoices.
- Ensure all recruitment files and databases are up to date and fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulation.
- Manage the administration of the ATS, ensuring data accuracy and escalating non-compliance where appropriate.
- Be and to be familiar with the Recruitment Policy and Guidance to answer queries from staff and managers.
- Provide timely and accurate administrative support to the HR Advisory team.
- Draft and issue letters relating to contract changes, salary, absence management and leavers.
- Work closely with the HR advisory team and the Intranet Manager to ensure all HR policies, guidelines and key information are kept up to date on the Nolwazi (intranet).
- Support with administration of employee benefits such as the cycle scheme, season ticket loan, childcare allowances/vouchers.
- Maintain the HR information system (HRIS), systems and files by updating employee files promptly, ensuring data kept is legally compliant.
- Complete HR processes on the HRIS, including new starters and leavers, absence management, contract changes thereby ensuring that all employee records are kept up to date, facilitating timely and accurate information retrieval and analysis.
- Produce reports from the HRIS as necessary.
- Support employees across the organization to use the HRIS for maintenance of leave and personal details and salary changes and any other changes in line with payroll.
- Resolve or escalate for resolution any issues or queries in a timely manner given the monthly payroll processing timeframe.
- Understand and use internal finance systems such as Concur for booking travel and accommodation, and IPOS for processing invoices, raising purchase orders etc).
- Raise leaver requests and user extensions in a timely manner on the IT system.
Learning & Development:
- Support the Learning & Development Manager with a range of tasks including; scheduling of training sessions; organising room bookings; promotion of internal learning opportunities.
- Work closely with the L&D Manager and the Intranet Manager to update career and personal development pages on Nolwazi, as appropriate.
- Support with the administration of the online learning platform Totara, as required.
- To maintain own continuing professional development, keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments.
- To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information and maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all activities carried out promote the value of a diverse workforce, do not discriminate against sections of the community covered by equality legislation and are compliant with human rights legislation;
- This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. The need for flexibility is required and the post holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Skills and Experience
- Interest and passion for working in Human Resources
- Excellent administrative skills including ability to prioritize work to meet strict deadline
- Accuracy, attention to detail, initiative and the ability to follow instructions
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, and databases.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Works on own initiative but can also adhere to procedures and systems
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s core behaviours and competencies
- Willingness to suggest changes to systems and ways of working to improve efficiency
- Previous experience in a customer facing role in an office environment is desirable
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.