To assist other staff as required to ensure all transactions are processed on time. To assist the Management Accountant with preparation of monthly reports and responding to queries from other departments. To undertake a range of accounting duties as necessary to support the Finance Team.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts for all departments;
- Assist with the review and interpretation of financial results. Identifying significant variances or areas of concern, raising these with the relevant staff from other departments, obtaining explanations and assisting in identifying corrective action;
- Assist with the provision of information, explanations, analyses and updates to customer departments as necessary;
- Assist the Management Accountant to develop reports to provide specific financial information to ensure budget holders can make key financial decisions to maximise performance;
- To assist as required with processing of sales and purchase transactions;
- To assist with preparation of weekly bank reconciliations;
- To process affiliation fee income on a monthly basis and update the schedules;
- To prepare control account reconciliations;
- To assist with credit control duties.
Budgets and forecasts
- Assist with the annual budget process for YMCA England & Wales;
- Assist the Management Accountant to prepare budgets and reforecasts. Monitor performance, highlight variances against budget and forecast, revise projections throughout the year to set deadlines.
- To obtain information from the Charity Commission website in order to calculate the annual affiliation fees for all YMCAs in England and Wales.
- Act in a role appropriate to ensure the adequate segregation of duties within the finance team;
- Ensuring that the Management Accountant is kept fully informed of any pending issues or delays;
- Any other duties as requested by the Management Accountant, within the capabilities of the Apprentice Accountant.
Who you are
- Good standard of Education (Maths and English – good GCSE pass)
- Will be required to undertake professional training towards the AAT qualification
- Experience of computerised accounting packages (MS Dynamics GP an advantage)
- Good experience of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Good analytical skills
- Capable of identifying and proactively taking steps to solving problems
- A flexible approach in relation to time management and prioritisation of work
- Be a collaborative team player in a small accounts department
- Commitment to equality and valuing diversity with an understanding how this applies to the provision of support services
- Able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values
Location: Second Floor, 10-11 Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6EH