“People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being.” This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We’ve changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world.
We’re a disruptive, rapid-growing business. When we launched in 2015, we quickly built momentum, receiving numerous accolades including Innovator of the Year at the Growing Business Awards, Venture Backed Start Up of the Year at the Start Up Awards and Future Fifty recognition. We now have an 8 million-strong UK userbase that we will continue to grow, as well as continuing to expand internationally, having already launched in South Africa and India.
You will join the team in delivering insight and analysis which allow ClearScore to rapidly scale and deliver a seamless experience for our customers. Analysts play a key role within ClearScore driving strategy and key decision making which ultimately benefits our users, partners and other teams within the business.
ClearScore has an amazing analytical community which includes Data Analysts, Scientists and Engineers. The community works collaboratively to ensure a landscape in which team members can develop their full potential and deliver maximum business impact.
At ClearScore, we value learning as one of our core principles and you will have the opportunity to join in with functional technology groups and to attend our weekly brown bag training sessions on a wide variety of business and technology-related subjects.
The role sits within ClearScore’s UK analytics team which carries out a wide range of analytics to identify and solve problems using data driven recommendations and communicate these across multiple stakeholders. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse set of datasets, including credit reports, communication response and on-site behavioural data.
You will receive access and training across various analytical tools and coding languages, these involve but not limited to SQL, R, Python, Amplitude, DOMO and Microsoft Office. You will gain experience within data manipulation, analysing, reporting and presenting, as well as a fantastic perspective of how a business operates.
Examples of project work would be:
- Breaking down our performance across different products and devices to identify improvements and potential opportunities to improve the user experience
- Scoping out gaps in the market and working with some of the UK’s leading credit providers on developing new products
- Understanding the demographics and behaviours of our users to tailor our communications/marketing and best serve their needs
- Aptitude and passion for statistics/mathematics
- Some experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm to develop coding abilities
- A self-starter with an attitude of doing and leading by example
- Genuine excitement about the unknown and a changing landscape
- An eagerness to embrace the variety of challenges presented every day in a growth company
- A willingness to take on a broad an evolving role that will require you to roll your sleeves up and do what it takes to get the job done
- A desire to integrate with and protect our culture, which is self-confident, bold and social
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance – with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit…and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games… if there’s not one for your passion, start one!
- Regular team events and quarterly company events
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Salary: £19 – £23k p/a
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: 47 Durham Street, Vauxhall, SE11 5JA
Apprenticeship: Data Analyst Level 4
Start date: 04/11/2019