Mapa Research (part of the wider Informa group) tracks innovations and developments in digital banking, to show our clients across the financial services industry exactly what competitors are doing – and what consumers are experiencing.
This role is focused on supporting the research team in the production and delivery of its outputs. You’ll take the lead on auditing and capturing and annotating digital banking user journeys in our in-house database. Working with our research analysts, building and maintaining our library of digital banking screenshots to support our core intelligence products. Your flexible approach to working will mean you’re able to turn your hand to offering administrative support as required across all Mapa departments. A keen eye for detail, top-notch organization skills, and a can-do attitude are musts for this role.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Responsibility for supporting our core intelligence products by: auditing digital journeys online and on mobile devices provided and updating database with current status; capturing screenshots and videos of journeys, tagging and adding to the media library.
- Supporting analysts as required with collating and annotating screenshots of changes to functionality within quarterly update reports
- Consultancy Projects
- Supporting the delivery of consultancy projects as required by auditing application journeys and uploading to the database and media library
- Uploading externally provided journeys to database and media library
- Other responsibilities
- Keeping a log of updates and the changes implemented by each provider on the devices being used for auditing when notifications appear.
- Suggesting changes and improvements with regards to the data gathering and validating process as well as the information captured
Ethics and Confidentiality
- Abiding by the MRS Code of Conduct.
- Safeguarding the insight industry’s autonomy, and honouring our Client agreements by protecting participants’ privacy; always complying with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Supporting your colleagues and clients; promoting and fostering cohesion and cooperation.
- Taking part in, and contributing to company exercises (Team Meetings, internal training/sharing sessions, client events).
To be able to undertake the following in line with organisational procedures and under supervision:
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Collect and compile data from different sources
- Extract data from the dataset for analysis
- Perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
- Assist production of performance dashboards and reports
- Assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- Apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders making recommendations
Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Basic Microsoft PowerPoint knowledge
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations and to a diverse range of internal stakeholders
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- Interest in digital and mobile applications and user experience
- Criminal record check and financial check will be carried out at point of offer
Location: Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU