Due to continued growth, and a desire to progress the E-Commerce team, a role has arisen for a Apprentice E-Mail developer to join the expanding E-Commerce team.
The Apprentice E-Mail Developer role involves the design and execution of direct marketing e-mail products of a very high standard for our online brand.
Working within the E-Commerce team, your daily role would be to take creatives from multiple marketing teams and convert them into fully responsive HTML5 emails that works perfectly across multiple devices/browsers/email clients. With a fantastic eye for detail you will be required to review each email to confirm the creative is free from bugs, typing errors and any other mistakes. Freedom to create your own email framework to help you succeed in producing content for the team. Flexible learning and development time to help with this goal.
Other duties are working alongside the UX designer / Frontend Developer in updating the website platform when needed. These duties would range from preparing / updating graphics to AWS via Github, creating responsive HTML5 web pages using the latest standards of CSS3. (AWS & Github knowledge is not required but is beneficial. Training will be given)
Deliverables: Criteria/Results by which success can be measured
- Design email creatives.
- Build and sign off email campaigns.
- Produce and maintain email template framework with the latest HTML standards.
- A/B Testing of email campaigns.
- Setting up automated / dynamic email campaigns.
- Proactively work with team members to help increase email signups via the website.
- Reviewing performance of emails and having an active role in reporting results to other members of the team.
- Suggest ideas on how to improve conversion rate using dynamic emails.
- Support the UX designer/s with uploading of assets and building of website pages when needed.
- Liaise with the marketing teams including graphic designers to ensure designs are on brand.
- Create personalised content – customer segments, international segments etc…
- Asset management – follow departmental procedures.
- Work within brand style guidelines.
- Work effectively within a team environment as well as independently when required.
Experience: Relevant experience for the role
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and illustrator essential.
- AWS & Github – Not required but is beneficial Training will be given.
- Experience designing creatives and coding knowledge.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, responsive e-mail / web design.
- Able to design across desktop, tablet & mobile. Knowing the differences between devices.
Other Significant Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge: Any further key factors which have a bearing on a candidate’s ability to perform
- Preferable: experience in creating content for e-commerce websites. (Sale graphics etc…)
- Preferable: experience in CRM software.
- Passion and up-to-date with evolving email / web design trends.
Key competencies: (select and state levels as required)
- High Standards – 5
- Commercial (Business Awareness) – 2
- Creative and Conceptual – 4
- Customer Driven – 3
- Delivers Through People – 2
- Drive to Achieve – 3
- Change Positive (Flexibility) – 3
- Personal Impact and Influence – 2
- Applies Knowledge (Information Seeking) – 3
- Initiative and Problem Solving – 3
- Strategic & Inspiring Leader – 2
- Retail Aptitude & Flair – 2
- Self confidence & Courage – 3
- Teamwork – 3
- Trusted – 4
There are no direct reports for this role however excellent interpersonal skills are required as working closely with team members and other departments is required.
Reinforce and act as an ambassador for the Regatta Company Values.
Health and Safety
- Must adhere to Company H&S policies at all times.
- Responsible for keeping own work area safe and free from hazards.
- Adopts a “don’t walk by” attitude to health and safety.
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 AM
Location:Mercury Way, Urmston, Stretford, Manchester M41 7RR
Apprenticeship: Digital Marketing L3