The RNLI Junior Content Producer apprentice will get the opportunity to create content for a wide range of channels – from web and social media to print magazines and advertising. You’ll also support the RNLI content team in other vital tasks – keeping the website up to date, managing our digital assets and making sure copy is on brand. You’ll be based at the RNLI’s office in Poole, Dorset, and playing a part in making the communications that help save more lives at sea.
So, you’ll be a huge asset to the team – but what do you get out of it? As an apprentice, you’ll get on-the-job training, you’ll earn a salary and valuable work experience.
Plus the knowledge that you’ll be helping our charity to make a lifesaving difference.
We’re looking for someone who:
•has GCSEs 4–9 / A–C in English and Maths – and ideally three A level A–Cs or equivalent, with at least one in a subject such as English Language/Literature, Media or other related subjects
•can demonstrate excellent writing skills and a passion for content production. Experience in a busy office environment is desirable but not essential
•is enthusiastic about pursuing a career in content, and is able to work in a busy environment with a creative mind and a strong eye for detail
•possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to adapt to different content disciplines and applications
•is an excellent communicator who is self-motivated, enjoys a challenge and is comfortable working with lots of different stakeholders.
- Gain a clear understanding of the creative services process and the content strategy.
- Learn and understand tasks/job delivery against the required standards of the editorial and film and image teams – including adhering to written house style, brand guidelines and film and image guidelines.
- Interpret briefs and support the creation of written and video content for campaigns, web, email, social media and print publications.
- Support the coordination and administration of content, which will include uploading assets and assisting in the content management of the RNLI’s website.
- Assist in some editing and proofreading tasks.
- Complete training to agreed milestones.
- To become involved in other ad hoc tasks as required.
The qualification you will receive on completion of this apprenticeship is ‘Level 3 Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship’
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
We are an equal opportunities employer.
RNLI Support Centre, West Quay Road, Poole, Dorset BH15 1HZ