This is an exciting opportunity for somebody with a passion for development to combine professional training with real working experience and join a rapidly growing company in a unique role. The company, Talisman, are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for a Level 4 Software Developer role.
Talisman’s mission is to create software that lowers the cost of recruitment. This ensures that Talisman businesses have a significant competitive advantage.
What you’ll be doing
You will need to be flexible enough to adapt your role to meet the needs of the organisation, but as a Software Developer Apprentice you will be building and testing high-quality code across front end, logic and database layers.
You will be working as part of a larger team, in which you will have responsibility for some key elements of our projects.
You will be working with a team of existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Writing good quality code (logic) with sound syntax
- Operating at all stages of the software development lifecycle, with increasing breadth and depth over time with initial focus on build and test.
- Operating effectively in the company’s business’s, their customers’ and the industry’s environments
- Interpreting and following software designs and functional/technical specifications − company defined ‘coding standards’ or industry good practice for coding − testing frameworks and methodologies − company, team or client approaches to continuous integration, version and source control
- Keen to learn
- IT savvy
- A passion for development
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS, Perl, MySQL, Python or Java would be beneficial
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and speak appropriately to clients from junior level to CEO level
- Understanding of when to seek help from others
- Interpersonal skills to get on within a smart team
- Calmness under pressure
- An understanding of the recruitment industry
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including English and maths.
Things to consider
Before you apply for this role, have you asked yourself:
- Do I live close enough to Dunstable that I could commute there and back every day?
- Do I meet the qualifications required for this role?
- Am I available to start an apprenticeship within the next two months?
- Do I want to work in the software development industry and have I researched into it?
What we offer
Salary: 12k per annum
Duration: 18 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM