About OMD UK
OMD is the world’s largest media network with more than 12,000 people working in over 100 countries. As the world grows with opportunities, the key is reacting to them, by making better decisions, faster – combining innovation, creativity, empathy and evidence to help them move faster, reach further and take smarter risks every day.
OMD UK works with an enviable portfolio of iconic and influential brands including Google, PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Barclays, Channel 4, easyJet and NSPCC and is the most awarded media network globally, topping the Gunn report for creativity for the last 6 years, and in March 2019 was crowned Ad Week’s Global Media Agency of the Year.
At OMD, UK we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients’ businesses.
If you’re looking to start your career in media at a diverse, fast paced, exciting agency, then our AV Apprentice role is for you.
Summary of the role
OMD are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual looking to start their career in media to work and learn within the AV activation team. The AV team look after the planning and buying for TV, Cinema, VOD, Radio and Digital Audio.
You will be working across some of OMD’s highest profile and dynamic clients such as Barclays, Google, PepsiCo and Disney giving you a real insight into a diverse range of sectors.
Your role as AV Apprentice
Your role as AV Apprentice will help you learn and be supported in the following:
- Understand and be trained in the methodology behind AV buying including:
- Campaign planning, set up, monitoring, delivery and reporting across all AV channels
- Training across all relative systems and programmes required to plan and buy AV campaigns
- Development of your negotiation and presentation skills
- Develop communication skills
- Build relationships with your team, and the wider agency teams
- Actively engage with the media owner community and forge strong working relationships with day to day contractors such as Sky, Channel 4 and ITV
- Develop strong market and media knowledge
- Build your knowledge of the AV marketplace as well as the wider media industry and marketplace
- An interest in developing an exciting career in media
- A good competency of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills