The Business Analyst Apprentice will work within the Service Management Team, alongside experienced Business Analysts to investigate operational requirements, problems and opportunities. They will contribute towards providing effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
They will assist in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, the investigation of underlying issues and identification of options for consideration. The BA Apprentice will also be involved in helping to identify potential benefits and working with clients/users in defining acceptance tests.
The apprentice will undertake assignments across project and/or service functions as required.
Dependent upon assignment:
- Works with colleagues and clients/users in specifying information flows, processes/procedures and data objects that will meet the business requirements.
- Works with colleagues and clients/users to investigate and analyse operational issues, problems and new opportunities.
- Assists in seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes/procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Helps to record work with using the appropriate standards, processes and methods/tools.
- Arranges and prepares client/users meetings, as well, as helps to facilitate stakeholder consultation/engagement sessions
- Assists clients/users in producing clearly defined acceptance tests for automated systems.
- Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- Post holders are required to familiarise themselves with the University’s Equality and Diversity policies and to actively support these wherever possible.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the IT Services Values of: One IT Team, Enabling Others and Customer First. Display the appropriate behaviours to ensure the identified values are at the core of everything that is done.
- Be aware of and work within the constraints of the University Health and Safety, Data Protection, and Confidentiality policies, bringing to the attention of management any issues arising.
Business Analysis Skills and Competencies
- Business Analysis Techniques: An understanding of the techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation.
- Information Capture Techniques: An understanding of the selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques which are appropriate to the information required and the sources available.
- Stakeholder Analysis: The identification of a project’s key stakeholders and an assessment of their interests in the project to determine the way(s) in which these interests should be considered throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Presentation Techniques: Familiar with the methods and techniques for delivering effective presentations.
General Skills and Competencies
- Interacting with People: Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
- Customer Focus: Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and regularly checking with the customer when taking actions or making decisions.
- Attention to Detail: Applying appropriate quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Excellent communication skills: The ability to communicate verbally over the phone or in person.
- Professional Attitude: The ability to represent IT Services in a professional and courteous manner.
- Work Under Pressure: the ability to work under pressure, taking into account deadlines and prioritise accordingly.
- Excellent written skills: The ability to communicate effectively in reports and via emails.
Location: Agilisys Ltd, Third Floor, One Hammersmith Broadway, London W6 9DL