This role presents a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a tight knit team working on one of the world’s most recognisable brands within the travel industry. One of which is Eurotunnel which has an amazing portfolio and is one of the longest serving client at OMD. Our team focus on a variety of digital KPIs, ranging from awareness and ticket sales to downloads, to various competition sign ups.
OMD are looking for an experienced Biddable Exec to join their growing team on some of the most familiar travel brands. We are looking for someone passionate about understanding advanced optimisation, audiences, testing and technology. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running on delivering a range of campaigns across our client’s portfolio. We would ideally want 1-2 years’ experience in either paid social or paid search, ideally both.
The role is currently a 60:40 split between search and paid social with the potential to expand the social offering even further throughout the year.
We are looking for someone passionate about achieving success for our clients, understanding audiences, testing and technology. Working in a team on the day-to-day delivery of your client’s business objectives from digital performance activity, hands on planning, buying and strategy of paid search and social campaigns, with support where necessary from the Digital directors and Account Manager in the team.
- You will have experience in either paid search or social performance channels and ensure all output with regards these channels is best-in-class for your clients.
- Beyond core PPC and paid social, your role will also include the use of bid management tool such as DoubleClick and cClearly and competitor tools such as Adthena.
- We are less focused on defining channels within the responsibility of this role, and more focused on ensuring we have a team of performance specialists that can apply transferrable optimisation and management skills across a portfolio of performance channels to ultimately deliver the best performance for their clients against their core KPI’s.
- You will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to present to external stakeholders with confidence, clarity and authority.
- This role should always be seeking to identify areas of cross channel efficiencies and be implementing consistent processes across the team in order to move our resource away from manual implementation to more strategy and innovate optimisation efforts for your clients.
- Part of this will be to effectively navigate across the various client teams outside of performance in the agency for the optimal integrated output for your clients.
Who are you?
As an agency, OMD is driven by courage, curiosity and optimism. Our people exhibit these qualities in that they are constantly driven to learn more, courageous in that they are willing to share their ideas and optimistic in their approach to teamwork and support. Our Biddable team comprises both Search and Social disciplines, so offers a rare opportunity in the industry to develop these skills in parallel.
How behaviours will be seen for this level
Critical skills and attitude:
These are the skills and attitudes that you will need to develop in order to fulfil your role, we have separated them into areas specific to your role. We have also given you some examples, where relevant, of what tangible application of the skills looks like (not an exhaustive list!)
Specific Skills related to this role:
This role requires good level of theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in all areas of your core specialism (paid search or social) including:
- Paid search and social advertising experience (or one at least – Search preferable)
- 6 months to 1 year experience with Google Ads, Bing Ads
- Tools & tech competencies with hands on experience of at least one major bid management technology e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, DS3, Bing, Google Ads & Analytics
- Knowledge of Excel including use of pivot tables and v-lookup formulas for analysis and cross-referencing of data
- Highly motivated self-starter, who’s able to manage their own workload and hit deadlines
- Detail focused and meticulous by nature
- Analytical and curious about data and performance trends
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Understand of all products and formats within specialism
- Can manage numerous projects concurrently and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale (works well under pressure and to short deadlines)
Brilliant client delivery:
- Be able to identify and actively seek new product and channel opportunities for your clients.
- Take ownership of high priority accounts with full responsibility for day to day running. Inc. optimisation, reporting, budget management and the delivery of core KPIs.
- Be the core day to day client contact for designated accounts
- Day to day client contact showing search expertise and understanding of their goals
- Help ensure the client reports are made on time and write high standard commentary and insights to be sent to the client on a regular basis
- Compiling and presenting PCAs, meeting presentations, reviews and recommendations to clients, with manager involvement as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and expertise:
- Be a best in class expert in your core specialism. Keep your knowledge at the cutting edge through training and publisher updates
- Begin to understand other digital channels, particularly the mechanics of those channels key to your clients beyond your core specialism
- Maintain relevant qualifications, taking all digital related and relevant to clients
- Optimisation of Search and Social performance to ensure that client KPIs are hit
- Monitoring campaign results, identifying potential issues or opportunities and raising them with the relevant Manager. Double-check campaign run dates and planned delivery of key metrics, making sure the activity is on track
- Proactively share insights and opportunities with your manager about client campaigns
- Identify and build relationships outside performance team to effectively work with other OMD teams, especially the digital teams you work most closely with
- Checking and sending plans to search manager for approval, and once approval is granted then sending over to the client
- Budget management based on both spend and campaign performance metrics.
- Responsible for accurate and timely adherence to your clients’ finance / invoicing process
- Free breakfast
- Season Ticket Loans
- 27 days holiday
- A focus on personal development – CPD Gold Certified
- Private medical insurance and pension scheme options
- 4pm finish on Friday
What we offer:
6 month £18.5k
12 month £21.5K
18 months £23.5K
Duration: 15 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Role location: Minerva House,1-4 North Cresent, London, WC1E 7ER