OVERVIEW OF DEPARTMENT:
The role has arisen due to the rapid growth of the agency and the need to ensure that our processes and procedures are tight and performing well. The commercial team is eleven strong and this new additional role will be key in supporting the agency finance team.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Reporting to: Financial Controller, MGOMD
Role & Responsibilities:
The Cost Accountant is required to assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts. Essentially first point of contact for agency and non finance.
- Preparation of management accounts up to trial balance – this will involve the production of the management accounts for review.
- Providing back up and analysis for OMG UK for month end submissions
- Analysing monthly costs to ensure correct coding
- Variance analysis of costs – full analysis of the cost variances (to forecast) to be submitted.
- VAT reconciliation
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations – full reconciliations to be produced and any anomalies to be noted and corrected.
- Job reconciliations – management of our work in progress ledger.
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Liaise with other agencies for intercompany recharges and postings and reconciliation of these accounts.
- Prepare budget reports – preparation of an accurate report analysis per group/department to tie back to the profit and loss statement and forecasts.
- Responsible for quarterly Leasing submissions to Omnicom
- Participating in new joiner’s presentation with wider finance team
- To be the finance point of contact for the agency when dealing with any costs and coding queries.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work consistently to set deadlines
- An ability to learn quickly the demands of the agency
- Have a positive attitude and be open to both challenge and change and be helpful, friendly, supportive and organised
Salary: £26,000 p/a
Location: 3 Bankside, 90-100 Southwark St, London, SE1 0SW