Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology.
Just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunities and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
Why we need the role:
One important part of the Data Strategy is providing AVADO with BI solutions at organisation, department and team levels so everyone has access to the data they need when required so we can become a more data and insight driven organisation. The Junior Data Analyst will support the BI Team projects, standard reports and one-off requests to be able to deliver the BI components of our Data Strategy.
The BI Team sits under Tech and is part of the wider Data & Integration Team with the Data Scientists and Data Engineers. Technologies we currently use at the BI Team comprise of: Tableau, SSIS, Azure SQL Server, Excel.
Deliver one off and recurring analysis and reports on time, and resolving the business’ queries:
- Gather requirements, develop and deliver BI Dashboards and Reports for the Organisation according to priorities agreed and BI Self Service Roadmap
- 90% of your requests delivered according to agreed SLAs
- Positive feedback from at least one business-side stakeholder
Support the rest of the BI Team to deliver outstanding solutions for the organisation:
- Monitor, keep track and resolve data quality issues based on priorities and timelines
- Support the BI Team to ensure the roadmap is delivered on time
- Building BI Dashboards
- Gathering requirements
- DW designing, testing and improvements
- Training end users
- Monitoring usage
- Resolve fixes, bugs and improvements
- Triage new data projects and issues and assign them to either BI Team or Data & Integration Team
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Accountable for undertaking structured training via the Apprenticeship Programme to gain relevant industry skills
- Responsible for providing the whole organisation with one-off and recurring analysis and reports as required
- Responsible for delivering the BI Self Service roadmap, supporting the Self-Service BI Product Owner and Project Manager
- Responsible for building a strong working relationship with the rest of the Data and BI Team and support their goals and OKRs
- Responsible for building a strong relationship with the wider organisation, to deliver one off reporting solutions
Note: You will be supported for all of these responsibilities by your line manager
AVADO becomes a data and insight driven business where all users have access to self-service BI solutions plus one-off analysis with the data they need to meet their targets and improve business efficiency and effectiveness.
What you’ll bring
- English & Maths GCSE A-C (or equivalent)
- A Level in Maths or similar subject (preferable)
- Knowledge of excel
I-Hub, 80 Wood Lane, White City, London, W12 0BZ