Supporting the national data team and the BI Development Manager in administrative and analytical duties.
Robust, timely and reliable information is at the heart of good decision-making within our organization, and is critical in helping improve outcomes for our schools and ultimately our students. This roll will help support the National Data Team in developing, managing and supporting the systems and reports, which help transform our data into useful information to share across the organization.
It is important to be comfortable working with large datasets and to have an interest in learning how to transform and manipulate data from various sources to create engaging visualizations, which will help support decisions making across the organization.
Administrative support for the team
· To undertake general filing, typing, formatting, printing, etc. as and when needed by the team.
· Monitoring and responding to data requests from the origination, ensuring emails are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
· Reviewing and checking team reports and work to ensure quality control.
Ensuring key spreadsheets and databases up-to-date.
· To input information into databases and spreadsheets, ensuring accuracy of information and timely input.
· To support the review and creation of instructions and governance ensuring data sources are kept up to date
Report Development & Maintenance
· Provide maintenance, configuration and updates for existing reports as well as act as the main point for queries and support for the data reporting tools.
· Support the development, testing and implementation of new reporting solutions and dashboards for users within the business.
· Reconciliation of reports against other sources of data.
Mapping and documentation of our reports and systems
· Ensure report and system specification and mapping documentation is up to date and saved appropriately.
Support with ad-hoc data projects from around the organization.
· Creating forms, surveys and checklists for use within the organization which can feed into the data systems.
Oasis is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including an enhanced DBS check.
The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Statement of Conditions of Employment.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Good communicator
- Experience with manipulating data
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Comfortable with basic statistics and analytics.
- Databases & database programming (desirable)
- Calm and organized
- An eye for detail
- Keen to learn and develop
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Willingness to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks
- Motivation to work with children and young people
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline
- Have a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
Location: Oasis Charitable Trust, The Oasis Centre, London, SE1 7QP