This is a fantastic opportunity, for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual looking to develop their career in the field of data science, while making a difference in a school, and supporting the work of our central Systems & Data team.
Outstanding management of data can make a significant difference in schools and to the lives of young people. The successful candidate will, therefore, perform a key role in ensuring the optimisation of processes to collect, review, and analyse data to support school leaders and teachers to make informed decisions. This includes the effective management of all core data for the school which relates to pupils and is stored within the school management information system or our own proprietary data systems. The appointed person would ensure the integrity and quality of data held throughout the year and ensure that analysis and insights from the data are accurate.
Support schools with their day to day data management requirements
- Maintain processes to support the effective day-to-day operation of the MIS and associated data systems.
- Maintain and regularly review the validity and integrity of the data held within the MIS and associated data systems.
- Support in-school colleagues in the use of the MIS and associated data systems, in order to develop capacity within the school.
- Support school leaders by utilising tools to develop annual curriculum planning, timetabling and teaching group management tasks.
- Support school leaders and teachers around key assessment cycle tasks, including data entry and reporting.
- Ensure that all external data returns are completed accurately and punctually.
- Perform housekeeping activities within the school MIS following termly data audits.
Communication across the network
- Build links with other data apprentices across the network, and share good practice.
- Work with the wider data and systems to ensure robust and effective procedures and supporting documentation are in place for the on-going use and development of Ark School’s data function.
The job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to amendment from time to time after consultation with the post holder and without changing the level of responsibility of the post.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate high levels of numeracy
- Experience of any of the following would be highly advantageous: MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, SQL database systems
- Have an interest in data management and analysis, particularly in Education
- Good attention to detail
- Vision aligned with Ark
- Be able to communicate on a technical level with other IT professionals, and in non-technical terms to academic colleagues
- The ability to follow instructions accurately
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly computer literate, with particular skill using spreadsheets
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to be decisive
- Hard working, conscientious and accurate
- Passion, resilience and optimism to lead through day-to-day challenges
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to take personal responsibility, a readiness to reflect and self-evaluate and the ability to change, improve and develop
- The ability to skillfully manage and maintain effective working relationships
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work with minimum supervision
- Approachable, calm and caring
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Confidence and self-motivation
- GCSE A/B -9/6 grades in Mathematics, English (IT or Computing desirable)
- A-level A/B grades in Mathematics or Computing/Computer Science desirable
- Right to work in the UK