Ark Walworth Academy is a thriving school in the heart of central London. We serve a vibrant, diverse community in Zone 2, with excellent access to all the city has to offer for students and staff alike. This is a fantastic opportunity, for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual looking to develop their career in the field of data science, while making a difference in a school, and supporting the work of our central Systems & Data team.
- Support schools with their day to day data management requirements
- Maintain processes to support effective day-to-day operation of the MIS and associated data systems. o Maintain and regularly review the validity and integrity of the data held within the MIS and associated data systems.
- Support in-school colleagues in the use of the MIS and associated data systems, in order to develop capacity within the school.
- Support school leaders by utilising tools to develop annual curriculum planning, timetabling and teaching group management tasks.
- Support school leaders and teachers around key assessment cycle tasks, including data entry and reporting.
- Ensure that all external data returns are completed accurately and punctually.
- Perform housekeeping activities within the school MIS following termly data audits.
- Manage the cover requirements of the school on a daily basis.
- Manage the interaction between internal and external systems necessary to facilitate effective running of the school.
- Communication across the network
- Build links with other data officers across the network, and share good practice.
- Work with the wider data and systems to ensure robust and effective procedures and supporting documentation are in place for the on-going use and development of Ark School’s data function.
- GCSE A/B grades in Mathematics, English (IT or Computing desirable)
- A-level A/B grades in Mathematics or Computing/Computer Science desirable
- Right to work in the UK
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate high levels of numeracy
- Experience of any of the following would be highly advantageous: MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, SQL database systems
Skills and Abilities
- Have an interest in data management and analysis, particularly in Education
- Good attention to detail
- Vision aligned with Ark
- The ability to skilfully manage and maintain effective working relationships
- Be able to communicate on a technical level with other IT professionals, and in nontechnical terms to academic colleagues
- The ability to follow instructions accurately
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Highly computer literate, with particular skill using spreadsheets
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to be decisive
- High levels of honesty and integrity
- Hard working, conscientious and accurate
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work with minimum supervision
- Approachable, calm and caring
- Passion, resilience and optimism to lead through day-to-day challenges
- A commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- The ability to take personal responsibility, a readiness to reflect and self-evaluate and the ability to change, improve and develop
- The ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
What we offer
Salary: £15,000 – 18,000
Duration: 18 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Role location: Walworth Academy, Shorncliffe Road, London, SE1 5UJ