Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider within the International Development sector working in challenging and complex environments around the globe. We deliver seven complementary services: project management and implementation/monitoring, evaluation and learning/research, evidence and analysis/stakeholder engagement/capacity development/risk management/data and knowledge management.
Integrity has offices in the US, UK, Jordan and Kenya. Our multi-national team of over 50 specialists deliver complex programs in fragile geographies.
The scope of work:
The Design Apprentice position is a paid apprenticeship opportunity on a 15-month employment contract. The apprentice will get hands-on experience in document production, marketing and communications, graphic design and administration in a fast-paced company in the private sector of international development work. The Design Apprentice will work within a small Marketing and Communications team which includes a previous Design Apprentice.
Terms of Reference:
Graphic Design and Document production (70% LoE)
Production of professional, client-facing documents
- Designing and populating templates to turn MS Office-produced reports and project documents (including presentations) into stylish, publishable-quality documents;
- Using a range of tools (MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) to create and design graphics, data visualisations, infographics and to edit images;
- Liaising with Project Sponsors to define briefs and schedule production;
- Support getting proposal capability statements and other documents ready for submission to clients;
- Copy-editing and proofreading work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard;
Production of marketing materials
- Managing the update of physical marketing materials in Integrity’s London office,
- Managing the design, procurement and distribution of business cards, event materials, hard-copy report printing.
General Administration (30% LoE)
- Maintain streamlined and well-organised repositories for Integrity documents, marketing materials and photography folders;
- Building, managing and deploying Integrity’s image stock library.
- Create designs and help maintain and update Integrity’s website (visualisations, project summaries, infographics)
- Support text and imagery on Integrity’s website, including project delivery information, staff profiles, job postings and news articles.
- Demonstrable knowledge of MS Word, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Some knowledge of WordPress would be useful;
- Proven ability to work to a specific brief and house-style using styles and schemes;
- Proven ability to work to deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- a flexible and proactive approach;
- An interest in international development or a related field is useful but not necessary.
- Skills and experience in copy-editing and proofreading useful but not necessary.
West wing, Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA