A brief overview of who we are
OMD UK is an integrated media and communications agency with an enviable portfolio of clients featuring some of the most iconic and influential brands including Google, PepsiCo, McDonald’s, Disney, Channel 4, Mercedes and easyJet. We operate in over 80 markets and are the most awarded media network globally, topping the Gunn report for creativity year after year, most recently winning AdWeek Global Media Agency of the year for 2019.
Our vision for OMD UK is to be the most creative and ambitious media agency in the UK and to become an integrated marketing communications agency for all our clients. We passionately believe creativity and innovation is the key to business growth. “Insight Ideas Results” has been the global philosophy of OMD since the network was founded, reflecting a continual drive to identify brilliant insight and unlock breakthrough ideas that drive business performance. In the UK, we believe the opportunity and need today for our clients is to create the kind of ideas for brands that earns them a greater share of life, and we have unified the whole agency around the notion of being Culturally Connected.
Why should you work with us at OMD UK?
You’ll have the opportunity to work as a Digital Activation Apprentice within the world’s leading media agency group, being amongst some of the most forward-thinking digital experts, analysts and creatives, all ready to teach you the right skills and knowledge, that will secure you a prosperous marketing career!
Your role will be multifaceted, derived from buying, trading and management functions, giving you incredible scope to learn fundamental attributes of digital media, accelerating your progression here at OMD UK. We’re looking for a self-starter with real enthusiasm for media and all things digital. You’ll be working closely wider activation teams, top-tier media and technology partners to successfully activate complex digital campaigns. You’ll will need have skills in developing relationships quickly, a committed approach to seeing projects through to the end and an eagerness to solve any challenges throughout!
You’ll play an important role in supporting the wider activation team in managing campaigns throughout their flight, working with the best tech and tracking solutions in order to optimise your campaigns in real time. Placing you at the centre of the team, you’ll quickly gain practical, hands-on experience of working across the full project lifecycle, and the satisfaction of seeing ideas become a reality. You can expect to work alongside talented people and experts in all areas of our business, working closely with the clients to implement a solution that meets their needs.
This role is essential in ensuring the on-going delivery of great work at OMD UK. While involved in the investment, trading, campaign operations, analysis and reporting of the accounts, you’ll work closely with the rest of the planning team and client communications teams daily.
The successful candidate will turn ideas into actions; actions into data; data into information; information into insight; and insight into tangible business decisions for our clients.
Key functions of the role – don’t worry, most of these you’ll learn!
• Communicate effectively and professionally to build strong relationships with the people you are working with in your immediate team, within the agency and outside with our clients and media partners
• Respond to emails and verbal requests within appropriate timescales
• Liaison with the agency planning teams, ensuring a timely launch and correct campaign implementation; addressing any questions/issues that may arise
• Develop the ability to talk through a digital plan with confidence over time
• Work with our media partners (MSN, Facebook, Guardian etc.) to negotiate best in market rates for our clients
• Assist in the production and delivery of key client outputs such as negotiations, purchasing, reports, reconciliation documentation and contact reports & agendas
• Collate and deliver commentary on relevant data for planning e.g. competitor reports, media industry trends, live research and desk research
• Complete scheduled and ad hoc account tasks as requested
• Complete all hygiene & budget checks as required and in accordance with the team processes
• Implement and activate programmatic campaigns using a range of different technologies (full training is provided on each platform)
• Monitor campaign delivery to ensure campaigns are running as expected and targeting objectives are met, checking daily reports, providing updates in team meetings and providing troubleshooting support
• Utilise the data from Demand Side Platforms and adservers to build insights and recommendations.
• Proactively make optimisations and demonstrate how you have improved performance
• Support senior team members on complex campaign setups and escalations to third party vendors when necessary
• Understand channel technology, terminology and tools. Learn and be a competent user of all relevant tools & technologies associated with the role
• Learn to set up campaigns, placements and creative assets through our in-house campaign management systems, 3rd party ad serving partners and publisher interfaces
• Build working knowledge across multiple adservers and third-party technology providers (e.g. Bright Analytics, Datorama, Integral, Moat etc)
• Learn the online advertising landscape and where Real Time Bidding and OMG Programmatic fits in.
• Building knowledge and ultimately action both direct and programmatic trading
• Accompany managers on meetings and briefing sessions with key OMG UK agency clients as appropriate.
• Learn to provide clear recommendations for agency planners to be able to action on upcoming campaigns.
What are we looking for in you?
1. Be yourself and bring your smile to work!
2. Show your optimism – positive mental attitude and can-do approach
3. You’ll have a keen attention to detail
4. Demonstrate that you possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
5. Ability to work under pressure, extremely organised and happy to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.
6. Computer literate with good knowledge of Excel, a strong interest in internet technologies and media
On top of these it would be great if you can demonstrate…
• Strong quantitative, analytical & problem-solving skills, with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Show you’re able and eager to learn new concepts and challenge the existing framework
• A self-starter with the ability to manage your own workload
• And again, if you have knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc) a distinct advantage
6 month £18.5k
12 month £21.5K
18 months £23.5K
Location: Minerva House, 1-4 North Crescent, London, WC1E 7ER