About Omnicom Media Group
Omnicom Media Group (OMG) is the media division of Omnicom Group Inc. Its businesses in the UK include leading media service companies OMD UK, MG OMD, Hearts and Science and PHD Network.
About OMG Programmatic
OMG Programmatic is a specialist division created to plan, buy and evaluate programmatic campaigns on behalf of the OMG agencies.
Programmatic specialists run campaigns for over one hundred clients in the UK using the most advanced ad tech tools and systems available.
By focusing on developing its technology stack, creating exclusive inventory partners, deploying advanced analytics and having a fully scaled and operational team, OMG Programmatic UK have grown into one of the largest buyers of programmatic media in Europe.
Introduction to the Role
The role is within the specialist Audio and Video (AV) activation team within OMG Programmatic, which is a team of 20 AV specialists who work to plan and buy programmatic campaigns across online video, broadcast video, YouTube and digital audio services. The team operate campaigns across a variety of Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) and different verticals of client industries ranging from entertainment, to finance, to retail, as examples. This role provides an opportunity to get into the depths of programmatic buying technologies, bidding and buying mechanics and the chance to learn different features of market leading DSPs.
You will also sit within the wider OMG Programmatic team which is a division of 80+ programmatic specialists created to plan, consult, implement and optimise programmatic campaigns.
You should have an interest in digital media channels and be excited about the evolution of media consumption that is facilitated by digital routes. Due to the level of data involved in buying digital media, you must be confident with math’s and basic statistics.
Communication skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks across multiple projects to meet deadlines is important. The successful candidate will have a logical approach to problem solving and strong attention to detail. The role presents strong career progression opportunities as we look to expand and evolve within the digital marketing landscape.
By the end of the scheme, an Apprentice can expect to be responsible for their own portfolio of Video and Audio campaigns as well as supporting senior team members to ensure performance and delivery of key client campaigns.
- Strong and confident with Mathematics and basic statistics
- Proven, consistent and excellent attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills – always delivering to deadlines and managing expectations
- Proactive in finding solutions and sharing these with team members
Responsibilities of the role:
- Understand the mechanics of programmatic buying for Audio and Video channels
- Support in implementational programmatic buying by using DSPs to set up and traffic audio and video campaigns in accordance to the required targeting e.g. applying audience data, selecting required inventory and assigning the relevant audio and video formats for the campaign
- Support in campaign management for the team with progression to taking responsibility for your own campaigns to ensure that campaigns deliver the required budgets and deliver against key objectives
- Analysing performance data from live campaigns, providing recommendations on ways to improve delivery and performance, and progressing to autonomously implementing these changes within the platform
- Update agency planning teams on the delivery and success of ongoing campaigns by communicating via face to face status sessions and via email updates
- With the support of your manager, provide clear recommendations for agency planners to be able to action on future campaigns
The role also includes:
- Training from all key Demand Side Platforms in operation delivered via face to face training sessions and e-learning material. You will learn how to implement and operate campaigns on globally renowned and market leading DSPs such as Adobe, Google’s Display and Video 360, The Trade Desk and AdsWizz
- Regular updates via face to face meetings with key leading technology vendors including DSPs, supply platforms and publishers
- The ability to feedback and generate ideas on how to improve platforms
- Attendance and contribution to regular internal team meetings and key OMK UK agency clients as appropriate
- Facilitate knowledge sharing, training, and best practices across the Programmatic AV team.
At OMG, UK we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients’ businesses
- Entry: £17k
- 6 month: £18.5k
- 12 month: £21.5K
- 18 months: 23.5K
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Bankside 3, 90-100 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SW
Apprenticeship: Digital Marketer L3