The role is based in the Business Development Unit (BDU) which aims to create and implement a profitable commercial and international strategy for the Open University. This role sits within the B2B Marcomms team and covers a variety of marketing and communication activities to help the BDU to hit its business targets.
- Work with the Content Officer to manage key social media accounts day-to-day in line with our social media strategy. Pull together content plan, proactively research new opportunities based on competitor activity and market needs, and try new formats to improve engagement KPIs, driving brand awareness and traffic to our website.
- Work with the Digital & CRM Officer to lead on some key website projects, e.g. SEO optimisation, user experience improvements, website analytics and new functionality, overall driving inbound marketing leads.
- Research, produce and analyse case studies based on the overall BDU case study strategy, ensuring maximal reach internally and externally, representation of all key BDU areas, and strong return on investment by varying the format of case studies, driving conversion rate and awareness of our activity.
- Produce and review a variety of pieces of written content for internal and external audiences to ensure they are on brand and are optimised for that marketing channel and audience.
- Conduct some deep-dive analysis into key activities using analytics tools available, to determine the success of various projects and propose improvements as suggested by the data.
- Contribute to a variety of marketing and communications projects and campaigns across a mix of marketing channels.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills: strong spelling and grammar and an understanding of different styles for different audiences and purposes.
- Experience of building relationships and working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing a project with deadlines and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in learning new skills, particularly learning how to use new digital tools.
- Experience in using data or tracking the success of a project through a measurable outcome.
- An understanding of different social media channels and their audiences.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
Salary: £15,842/ annually
Hours: 37 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Open University, Walton Hall, Kents Hill, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Apprenticeship: Digital Marketer L3