The responsibilities of the Junior Environments Support Analyst will be to create and maintain environments hosted on Windows Servers, as well as deploying application changes and configurations across different environments following a structured change management approach.
The work ranges from installations, configurations, deployments and troubleshooting issues. As well as attending project planning meetings.
Communication with different teams and stakeholders is required for smooth delivery of application and infrastructure changes.
This role will suit an individual who has spent some time in the industry in an IT capacity with a desire to progress their skill base or an individual who has just completed their secondary education and is keen to get into their first IT role.
Overtime will be paid as part of the role for any pre-agreed out of hours activity.
- Setting up and managing Windows Servers
- Install and configure applications on Windows Servers
- Managing databases, permissions and running scripts on SQL Server
- Providing support, troubleshooting technical issues and monitor server performance
- Deploy changes by following release notes provided by the development teams
- Create documentation around processes, installations and configurations
- Follow implementation plans produced by the Release Manager
- Adhere to the Change Management Process
- Communicate with and manage stakeholder expectations in a professional manner
- Assist with out of hours deployments where required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted areas.
- Contribute to and maintain environment standard by ensuring all changes are applied, tracked and consistent across all environments
- Perform daily system monitoring to ensure testing environments are working as expected before users start accessing the system
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with others
- Experience installing and configuring applications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Technical background, BTEC qualified ideally
- Technical education at degree level
- Customer service experience
- Experience of working with third-party software suppliers
- Exposure to application support and systems administration
- Windows Server
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Active Directory
- IIS and Apache Tomcat
- Virtualisation software (VMWare)
- MS CRM
1 Aldgate, London EC3N 1RE