We are looking for a bright and responsible school leaver who has aspirations of working their way up the finance ranks.
Chime Group is a small but dynamic team that manages all things finance for a collection of 80+ best in class advertising, marketing and communication agencies across the globe.
This is a rare opportunity to begin your career with a comprehensive training programme and the opportunity to come in contact with some of the globes business leaders.
Chime is a sport, entertainment and communications group present in six continents, 20 countries and 32 cities. The group comprises CSM in sport and entertainment; the VCCP Partnership in marketing communications; and the Chime Specialist Group in communications in specialist market places.
At Chime, we transform businesses, brands and organisations through the power of sport, entertainment and communications by creating a lasting commercial and social impact. We create award-winning campaigns for the likes of easyJet, Airbnb and comparethemarket.com. We have involved Martini in Formula One, HSBC in the British & Irish Lions and Bradesco in the Rio 2016 Olympics. It’s a unique combination able to engage, unify and command the loyalty of global audiences.
Reporting to the Chime Central Management Accountant (CCMA) the main areas of responsibility will be accounts payable/receivable, performing intercompany reconciliations, VAT return preparation (division and Group consolidation), and providing support to the CCMA when required.
Assisting with projects in other Chime Central areas including both finance and non-finance.
Training will be provided to enable the person to achieve a recognised finance qualification.
Chime Central Finance
- Month-end intercompany reconciliation for the Chime division ensuring balances agree with other parties.
- Accounts payable function for the Chime division – processing invoices ensuring accurate postings to nominal accounts and weekly payment runs.
- Oversee the PO process and ensure supplier invoices have PO’s and new supplier forms are completed and setup on Paprika.
- Accounts receivable – monthly billings mostly to other divisions and chasing up outstanding debts.
- Preparation of the Chime Central VAT returns.
- Preparation of the Group VAT return, EC Sales list and Intrastat with guidance from the CCMA/Head of Tax.
- Completing Office for National Statistics Reports.
- Ad hoc analysis when required.
- Management of the cash pool and cash positions within the Group – monitor and follow up to ensure reasonable balances are maintained across the different currencies.
- Admin tasks such as online banking maintenance, confirmation, forms etc.
- Administrative support for various tax processes including withholding tax, Making Tax Digital implementation, PSA review, Lender passports, XBRL and Corporation Tax
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Interest in finance and accounting
- Experienced with excel
- Proactive and always strives to do their best work
- Keen to learn and progress
- Good communications skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Team player
Chime, Holborn Gate, 326-330 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7PP