ISG is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Our 2,800 worldwide specialists in fit-out, technology, construction and development deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional delivery dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication. We blend our unparalleled track record, sound processes and proven delivery methods with a fast-paced and agile culture, ensuring we deliver thriving places that are as agile and resilient as their occupants.
As the first point of contact for HR, a professional individual who is keen to provide a high quality and proactive generalist support to, a small team. The ideal candidate will be calm, thorough, organised, self-managing and have proven experience and ability to think on their feet. This candidate will need to be able to maintain confidentiality in often difficult situations.
To provide timely, accurate and effective administrative support to the HR team and client base. Assigned to this role is also responsibility for providing administrative support to key projects and developing initiatives as part of the wider HR team.
Key Responsibilities Year 1-2
- Support HRSS team in raising and processing employment offers/acceptances for new staff accurately and promptly, chasing missing documents, sending out welcome letters and setting up new records on the HR database
- Learn and assist with HR best practice and processes within the HRSS team
- Maintaining the HR Database (Ciphr): To ensure that all manual/electronic records and the HR database are kept up to date, set up new records for starters
- Maintain the online employee system (CiphrNet), checking verifications regularly
- Maintain employee files and HR drives to ensure we are GDPR compliant
- Assist HRSS with e-filing in a timely manner
- Assist in processing of leavers and updating employee records
- Send IT ticket request as and when needed
- Ensure absence is correctly logged and fit notes or self-certificates are received and placed on employee files
- Assist HRSS with running reports as and when required
- Assist in regular HR audits
- Process reference requests such as mortgage, tenancy and Visa applications
- Assist in responding to day to day HRSS emails (shared inbox)
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the HRSS Team
- Run ad hoc reports as and when requested
- To deputise for team members as required
HR Apprenticeship Programme
Yea 1-2: HRSS
Year 2-3 Rotations within:
- Learning & Development
- Early Careers
- HR Systems
- Talent Acquisition
Years 3-5: Chosen HR sector
All our employees must be committed to acting in line with our core values. These are the guiding principles that determine our actions and behaviours at ISG:
- Dream Smart – We encourage new thinking and bold ideas backed by knowledge, sound decision and first rate implementation.
- Speak Frankly – We value clarity and honesty and we are open and straight forward in all our dealings. We never shy away from tough conversations.
- Always Care – We take pride in the quality of our work and demonstrate respect and care for the wellbeing and health & safety of our customers, our people, and our world.
- Never Stop Learning – We encourage and reward great ideas. We constantly strive to improve by seeking new knowledge and skills.
- Competitive apprenticeship salary
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
- Knowledge and good understanding of working in an HR function (desirable)
- Willing to learn, ability to absorb knowledge and use their initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy in delivery a high quality service
- IT Systems oriented who can easily grasp understanding of the HR system (Ciphr)
- Excellent writing skills when constructing letters, emails and correspondences
- Able to work to deadlines with focus on results and quality of service
- Focused on promoting best practice in line with Company Policy and Procedures.
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Methodical and proactive approach to duties
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Educated at least at A-level standard, Degree level (or equivalent) is desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to remain resilient, calm and measured particularly during busy periods and when dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to be self-starting and independent as well as self-motivated
- Process driven who understands the sequence of actions necessary in execution
- Approachable, positive, flexible, adaptable and friendly team member
Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AG