Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are recruiting for a HR Assistant to provide a comprehensive, professional and effective HR service across Merkle UK. You will act in a key operations support role for the Merkle UK HR function, based in our London Office in St Katharine Docks.
You will be working with an exceptionally friendly HR team with a breadth and depth of experience who really value development. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. If our business continues to grow at the rate we have been over the past 12 months, we see that the person in this role will have great opportunities for personal growth.
Life as a HR Assistant at Merkle
You will be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries, managing the HR operational processes associated with all areas of HR including but not limited to:
- Inputting new starters, leavers and employee changes into our HR Information System (Workday)
- Capture contract variations and changes to employee data and produce the required paperwork
- Maintain electronic personnel filing system and ensure employee files are up to date
- Manage the Contractor process, including tracking end dates and issuing their contracts
- Owning the onboarding of new joiners, including their induction meetings
- Develop and propose enhancements to HR processes
- Assist with project delivery, project management and analytical support, as required manage the leavers process
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- HR Apprenticeship
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere – and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
What we are looking for in you
- Strong administration skills are absolutely essential, you must have the ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to converse and liaise at all levels
- Proactive and can-do attitude. Be able to work on own initiative and demonstrate tenacity
- Able to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organisationand planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise across duties and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
- IT expertise including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable with new technologies as we’ll be training you to use Workday
- Ability to work collaboratively
- You will be highly driven and determined to build a career not just get a job.
- Most importantly, you must enjoy working with people!
- Three A-Levels grade A* – C (or 240 UCAS points or new tariff equivalent)
- Ideally, we are looking for recent school leavers (college/sixth form/secondary school) and non-graduates for the role.
London E1W 1UN