Policing is not just about being a Police Officer. We also have a large team of Police Staff undertaking important roles to support our Police Officers. Some of these roles now include exciting new opportunities as apprenticeships.
- Support the People Services Department through providing a customer focused recruitment and transactional service to the policing family.
- Gain experience in supporting our police officers, staff and volunteers throughout their policing careers from the recruitment stage to the end of their employment by undertaking a variety of routine hr processes.
- Assist with providing guidance on policies and procedures, terms and conditions and other hr activities.
- You will complete a project to support the business, produce a portfolio to showcase the work you have undertaken during your apprenticeship and then have a professional discussion about your work and project experiences with an assessor, to achieve your HR Support Apprenticeship qualification.
Who are you?
- Emotionally Aware
- Take Ownership
- Work Collaboratively
- Deliver, Support and Inspire
- Critically Analyse
- Innovative and Open-minded
- You will need to be 18 years of age to apply for this role to meet our National Police Vetting requirements.
- You are a British Citizen or a citizen of a country that is a member of the European Economic Area, or Switzerland.
- You are not, or never have been, a member of BNP or similar organisation whose constitution, aims, objectives or pronouncements may contradict the duty to promote race equality?
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment or you are placed into a pool of successful candidates to whom we intend to make a conditional offer when the position arises, you must agree to undergo recruitment screening, including vetting checks which may take 12 to 16 weeks to complete.
- The vacancy will be offered on a fixed-term basis for the duration of the Apprenticeship (16 months including 3 months for End Point Assessment).
- Successful completion of this Apprenticeship Standard will enable you to apply for Associate Membership (Assoc CIPD) of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), the professional body for the HR sector.
- You will also have the opportunity to apply for any current vacancies within West Mercia Police.
Salary: £15,366 / annually
Hours: 37.5hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police, Hindlip, Worcester, WR3 8SP
Apprenticeship: HR Support L3