- To provide first line HR advice and guidance to Line Managers on HR policies, processes and procedures.
- If required to act as note taker during employee relations meetings e.g. grievance and disciplinary meetings.
- To be responsible for publishing the internal recruitment vacancies and liaising with other HR Co-ordinators to ensure they have submitted their vacancies.
- Preparation of offer letters, contracts and amended contracts of employment as required.
- Completion/review of pre-employment screening and vetting documentation once received by departments and l liaising with Recruiting Managers for outstanding documentation to confirm completed checks.
- Payroll input of new starters, leavers and payroll amendments as required.
- Processing eye care voucher requests.
- Responsibility for ordering company cars, processing fuel returns for relevant departments and ensuring all records are up to date. Liaising with the HR coordinator who has overall company car/fuel responsibility so that at all times the database and information is up to date and ready to review.
- Raising Ebis purchase orders as required and checking departmental invoices.
- Providing references for current/past employees as required.
- Working closely with the HR Manager and Payroll & Pensions Manager on all aspects of HR Administration relating to business area.
- Working with the HR Manager to assist in the set up and administration of employee benefits and liaise with suppliers as required.
- Responsible for pension administration for area covered.
- Providing administrative support to the HR Manager as required.
- Maintenance of DHL Parcel UK Organisational Structure charts.
- Any other adhoc duties as required.
Previous Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience in a demanding HR
- Coordinator / Administration role with the ability to be able to give first line HR advice.
- Good understanding of a redundancy, retention and exit policies and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office including mail merging of documentation and excel look up and formulas.
- Organised and process driven approach to work.
- Ability to gather and analyse facts and information to be able to make an informed decision based on HR experience.
- Able to solve problem and resolve all aspects of ‘people issues’ in a timely manner using excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Microsoft Office intermediate/advanced or proven previous experience in Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent
- Business Administration level 2 or 3
- CIPD Level 3 or equivalent or studying towards preferable, not essential
- Full clean UK driving licence
Salary: £20,000/ annually
Hours: 37.5, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Hillman Way, Ryton-on-Dunsmore, Coventry CV8 3ED
Apprenticeship: HR Support L3