Reporting to the Senior Payroll & HR Systems Supervisor, the job holder will assist in the submission of the Payroll to third party providers. Provide comprehensive HR administrative support to the HR Team and wider business. Support other HR processes and ad hoc project support as required.
- Work with Finance & HR to administer payroll input processes and calculations which are accurate and complete, enabling payroll processing to run smoothly for all payroll elements including salary, deductions, allowances, overtime, bonuses, pensions, benefits, etc.
- Support monthly payroll processing via the external bureau to ensure timely and accurate payment to employees
- Administer the service provided by other external providers taking any corrective action where necessary and proactively recommending improvements or efficiencies.
- To ensure HR information is accurate and fully support all systems requirements.
- Provide timely reports for the HR team on key generalist activities and events.
- Manage new starter information on payroll and data base generating terms and conditions and starter information, making sure that the relevant audit trail is available for payroll checking purposes.
- Manage time and attendance information on the relevant system, recording and checking absences and making sure that the relevant audit trail is available for payroll checking purposes.
- Track and record new starters, notifying any relevant people for purposes of induction.
- Follow up with managers’ new starters’ health questionnaires if any issues recorded.
- Chase, upload and file all passport, work permit and right to work information for new starters. Monitor dates and manage updates.
- Create and maintain personnel files for all new starters, adhering to GDPR guidelines.
- Maintain the filing/scanning system for current staff and leavers on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the on-going accuracy and maintenance of data at all times including cross checking monthly reports for gaps in data.
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Management team.
- Take an active part in the wider activities of the HR team and contribute fully to the performance and objectives of the department.
- Take part in cross functional projects as required.
- Provide ad hoc support to other team members to ensure smooth running of the team functions and holiday cover etc.
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, approachable and good at forming and developing relationships with people of all levels across the business
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task
- PC literate and comfortable using different applications
Hours: 37.5 hr, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Cooper Rd, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 3UW
Apprenticeship: HR Support L3