Working in the HR function for an organisation globally regarded as the definitive provider of analytics regarding the world’s best lawyers and practices. This role will ensure that all HR administrative processes are delivered to a high standard during an exciting period of growth and organisational change.
You will be providing administrative assistance in the delivery of HR operations i.e. supporting the internal recruitment and payroll process, helping the advisory service and ensuring projects are delivered effectively.
Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced, flexible working environment, where they will be required to carry out their duties and responsibilities and offer extra help around recruitment, HR projects, learning and development programmes, benefits, etc.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to work in a small and friendly team, where they will gain key HR skills and experience. The organisation is also happy to support individuals seeking to pursue a CIPD qualification.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being the first point of contact for calls, flagged emails, HR queries, etc.
- Posting jobs onto the recruitment management system and website
- Supporting the recruitment process in the scheduling of interviews, regular assessment centres and administering of online and face to face ability tests
- Generating contracts of employment, offer letters, addendums & conducting pre-employment checks, e.g. references
- Coordinate and administer the starters and leavers process
- Supporting the on-boarding/ induction process with new employees
- Responsible for the creation and management of employee files and the staff database
- Managing the holiday and sickness absence reporting process
- Processing monthly payroll in conjunction with the finance team
- Responsible for the administration of employee rewards & benefits
- Supporting the HR Advisor & HR Manager with the admin for ER cases e.g. taking minutes, producing letters, etc.
- Organising training courses onsite, and any further development courses as needed
- Providing information for the update of the company intranet
- Providing content for the update of profiles on the company website
- Assist with projects across the HR function
Essential skills and qualifications
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in an HR Administration role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at a given time
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Degree educated or with other relevant alternative experience
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills
- Interpersonal skills, able to engage with employees at all levels
- Accurate and methodical approach to work
- Able to work effectively at speed and pace
- Flexible, prepared to work on different tasks as needed and take responsibility for completion
- Confident and articulate communicator (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
This job description may be amended or updated from time to time.
Chambers and Partners, No.3 Waterhouse Square, 138 Holborn, London, UK, EC1N 2SW