AKQA Insight is AKQA’s online learning platform. It is the home of our thought leadership, delivering access to our best presentations, thinking and ideas in one place. AKQA Insight features presentations, case studies and points of view from our studios around the globe plus presentations from key figures from a multitude of innovative industries and disciplines. The platform exists to provoke, create debate and share a unique vision with the world – but also to inspire and enable our clients to partner with us as we create new futures together.
As AKQA Insight apprentice you will be responsible for overseeing the AKQA Insight platform, this involves filming, editing, and publishing video content, as well as managing content from other contributors and more.
Course & Screencast Production
- Ensure camera batteries are charged, and memory cards & microphone memory are cleared.
- Ensure a suitable room is booked .
- Set up camera equipment and microphone for filming, checking the lighting, focus etc.
- Film the sessions and edit footage using Premiere Pro where necessary.
- Check the final film footage / screencast received, ensuring quality (e.g. h.264 codec, framerate at least 23, 10-20 bitrate, exported at 1920 x 1080, etc)
- Work with AKQA Insight champions across the global AKQA network to produce content for the platform.
- Liaise with L&D Manager regarding content pipeline, sessions that can be filmed, general updates etc.
- Liaise with course speakers to gather required course and author information (including course synopsis and tags, and author photo and biography), and to build a content pipeline.
- Film the monthly AKQA Insight session.
- Maintain and update AKQA Insight Overview (Google doc).
- Share regular content updates.
- Write and gain approval for the AKQA Weekly write ups. Once approved: share with Marketing (deadline: midday every Wednesday), update AKQA Insight Overview (AKQA Weekly tab in Google doc).
- Identify possible new content from AKQA Weekly articles.
- Ensure all content is uploaded to the appropriate folders.
- Create a folder for each new course and ensure the following are uploaded in the appropriate folder.
- Vimeo: Upload finalised film footage / screencast
- Create and complete course details for each new course.
- Create and complete author details.
- Identify and create curriculum topics.
- Update ‘Home’, ‘Courses’, ‘Authors’, ‘Curricula’ and ‘Topics’ pages as required
- Analyse data using Google Analytics and Vimeo Stats
- Share monthly insights with Geoff Northcott and Natalie Broome #akqa-insight Slack channel
- Manage the #akqa-insight slack channel, including: Posting new courses, relying to comments / requests for information, reaching out to the channel users to gather new course ideas & authors.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience filming with mirrorless video cameras (Panasonic GH5), and setting up audio equipment.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and has an objective focused and positive approach. Is self-motivated, self-driven and comfortable working independently.
- Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity.
AKQA Core Values
We encourage creative thinking and problem-solving and continually push the boundaries.
We forge positive partnerships with clients and colleagues to achieve successful outcomes.
We are passionate about our work and aspire to excellence in everything we do.
We are thorough in our research and meticulous in our execution: from first idea to the smallest detail.
AKQA is an ideas and innovation company. We collaborate with forward-thinking companies to create the future.