ABOUT THE PRI
The PRI is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole. The PRI is truly independent. It encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks but does not operate for its own profit; it engages with global policymakers but is not associated with any government; it is supported by, but not part of, the United Nations.
Working at the PRI provides an opportunity to engage with highly motivated, culturally diverse professionals on a wide range of cutting edge issues, such as income inequality through the lens of sustainable finance. The PRI provides scope for development at all levels with opportunities for project leadership and management working alongside some of the most influential signatories and leaders across financial markets and economies. In combination with a supportive culture that encourages continuous learning and flexible working policies, PRI is a highly engaging place to work on truly transformative issues.
REPORTING TO THE HEAD OF IT, THE ROLE OF THE IT APPRENTICE WILL BE TO PROVIDE 1ST LINE IT SUPPORT AND TRAINING TO ALL PRI STAFF. IN ADDITION DELIVER ROUTINE IT SERVICES AND TO ADVISE STAFF AND MEMBERS IN THE APPROPRIATE USE OF IT RESOURCES, MAINTAINING SYSTEM AND DATA SECURITY AT ALL TIMES.
- Daily checks of systems at start of day for issues.
- Respond to assigned requests for IT support and services (including incidents, and service requests) in a timely, polite, and efficient fashion, adhering to the defined SLA timeframes.
- Follow the defined department ITIL processes and procedures, and wider company standards, policies and procedures; providing feedback on processes where improvement opportunities are identified.
- Maintain IT hardware and software licence asset register to ensure accuracy.
- Provision and deploy new equipment and applications to individuals and groups, following the appropriate processes and ensuring compliance with licensing requirements.
- Troubleshooting software, workstations, laptops and printer issues
- Record, prioritise and resolve issues according to departmental policy
- Provide one-to-one assistance where required
PRI expects roles at a ‘Associate level’ within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Business Awareness
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, desktop and laptop hardware and peripheral devices.
- People-orientated individual who really wants to assist users and is able to deliver a professional and quality service.
- Self-motivated – an independent ‘doer’ able to use their own initiative.
- Good written communication and verbal presentation skills
- A collaborative and consultative approach to working with others
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Language skills, other than English, are a bonus
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 AM
Location: 25 Camperdown St, Whitechapel, London E1 8DZ
Apprenticeship: IT Infrastructure Technician L3