Provide onsite IT support to the academies within the Future Academies (FA) Trust. To be based at Phoenix Academy with travel to other sites.
- Work with the IT Manager to ensure uptime of all IT systems
- Provide 1st/2nd line onsite IT support to high standards of end user satisfaction
- Ensure tickets via the Service Desk are triaged and responded to according to the SLA, as well as regularly updated and completed.
- Basic support of VMWare and Hyper virtualised solutions
- Basic Windows Server Administration (AD, GPOs, Backups)
- Maintenance and support of ICT equipment including, Microsoft Windows, Apple iOS/OSX, Google devices including MDM solutions ensuring all systems are patched and protected
- Setup, build and maintenance of workstations/laptops/tablets
- Basic installation and configuration of software, drivers, printers, ensuring appropriate licensing is in place
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of Audio-Visual equipment – interactive whiteboards, projectors, smart TVs, digital signage etc.
- Basic network maintenance and support (LAN, VLANs, Managed Wireless, Internet)
- Proactive checking of ICT equipment (Desktops, laptops, iPads, Printers) – daily/weekly/monthly
- Ensuring asset registers are accurate and kept up to date
- Basic Email administration of Office365 and Google systems
- Basic understanding and support of 3rd party applications such as Managed Print solutions, CCTV, Door access, Telephony, etc.
- Work with the school contact to ensure IT equipment is ready for class lessons
- Ensure all network documentation is created and maintained
- Undertake visit reports and identify areas for improvement
- Work with and support the school’s senior technician on current issues at the Secondary sites
- Support with the procurement of new devices in line with trust policy
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors as and when required
- Escalation of Service issues to Head of IT
- Support the Head of IT with the Trust IT strategy
- Enforcing Trust IT policies
- Undertake basic IT health and safety and governance
- Keep abreast of new technologies and advancements in Education Technology
The duties and responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present. The post holder is expected to accept any reasonable alterations that may from time to time become necessary.
- school based IT systems including SIMS
- virtualised servers (HyperV and VMWare) including resilient systems and backup solutions
- Windows operating systems up to and including Windows 10/Server 2012R2
- Client server networks (including AD, GPOs, Imaging, WDS and SCCM)
- Email systems including Office 365
- Antivirus software
- Networking (Internet, Switches, cables and Wireless technologies)
- Apple iOS/OSX, Google technologies
- Managed Print solutions
- School based Audio Visual solutions
- Telephony, CCTV, Door access
- Cyber security
Skills and abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and a desire to provide a professional IT service to schools
- Able to communication in a clear and confident manner (verbal and written).
- Be proactive, with the ability to work using your own initiative or as part of a team to prioritise workload in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Have an approachable manner, be professional, organised and methodical whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Take a proactive approach to self-development
Salary: £12,000 – £14,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 AM
Location: Barclay Academy, Walkern Rd, Stevenage, SG1 3RB
Apprenticeship: Infrastructure Technician L3