The Exane group has offices in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milan, Geneva, Madrid, Stockholm and Singapore and employs more than 800 people.
The Exane group is a leading independent player in the European Financial Markets. It operates in three fields:
- Equities broking: sales, execution and research on European listed companies, carried out under the Exane BNP Paribas brand;
- The sale and broking of listed equity derivatives and the design and issue of structured products;
- Fund management (alternative and structured funds).
Exane BNP Paribas is a top pan-European equity broker and is the market leader in France, active on sales, execution and research on stocks covered by an award-winning Research Department. A strong culture of investigation and performance allows Exane BNP Paribas to guarantee its clients the enduring success of their investments.
The company offers research, distribution and execution services on European stocks to institutional clients.
Duties and responsibilities
The apprentice will be a member of the London Technical Support team (three technicians and one manager) within the Information Systems department. The primary role is to help resolve any incident likely to disrupt the quality and continuity of service.
Specific duties will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Demonstrating an excellent customer service focus when communicating with service users at all levels by calls, emails and face to face;
- Timely and accurate recording of all user issues and requests on the internal tracking system;
- Handling incidents reported by users and when needed directing them to the relevant IT teams (networks, telecoms, systems, mailing teams, etc.);
- Following up on incidents and updating documentation, including updates on the incident database;
- Informing users of any potential security risks through the appropriate channels;
- Assisting with the connection of laptops, monitors and other devices in meeting rooms;
- Assisting with Daily/Weekly checks and creating reports;
- Supporting systems such as Windows, Citrix, Bloomberg and others;
- Collaborating with IT Service Desk Coordinator and IT Service Desk Manager on various projects.
- Hard-working, team player and resourceful
- Positive attitude
- Excellent customer service
- IT-literate with skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Thirst for knowledge
- Good attention to detail
- Strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Happy to take the initiative
- High commitment
- Flexibility to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Right to work in the UK
1 Hanover St, Mayfair, London W1S 1YZ