- The provision of an efficient technical support service for onsite PCs, MFDs, WiFi, and all classroom teaching equipment, ensuring that equipment and software is completely functional and optimised at all times for students, staff, and any other customers.
- To provide support and resource cover for other sites in the event of sickness/holiday etc
- To ensure that IT Policy is enforced through User education and adherence to procedures.
- To work towards successful completion of a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with students, tutors, external visitors, colleagues, suppliers and other stakeholders and ensure they are dealt with in a professional manner.
- Actively look for ways to improve service and implement if appropriate or bring service improvement proposals to the attention of Line manager.
- Actively monitor TopDesk, radio, e-mail, text, telephone, and all other call reporting channels for messages and respond in a professional and timely manner to calls from all customers.
- Be flexible in approach to role and task completion and when applicable ‘step in’ or ‘step up’ to other roles/positions that may need support.
- To plan and deliver any training required for staff and students in new and existing technologies.
- Provide IT support and guidance on software and equipment including BYOD for all customers to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain, support and test PCs, Applications, MS Updates/Patches, visualisers, data projectors, smartboards, conference phones including video conference equipment, webcams, MFDs, printers and any other technical equipment and peripherals.
- Identify and analyse problems (including problems raised and escalated by the Tech Support and Central IT) conducting investigation and diagnosis, providing resolution where possible and maintain full audit of actions taken throughout.
- Proactively maintain all student IT equipment to ensure that it is operationally fit by making regular visits to student IT areas.
- Carry out regular IT equipment audits with respect to updating and managing asset registers. This will include the movement and decommissioning of IT equipment
- Be responsible for on site management, asset tracking and secure storage of mobile devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc
- Ensure general office space, personal working space is tidy and all IT equipment is stored logged and kept in a professional manner.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of IT consumables and peripherals by raising orders via IT Procurement in a timely manner.
- Manage the movement and installation of all PCs, MFDS and other IT equipment as required.
- Maintain and manage the WinPak card system including production and auditing of staff and student ID cards. This will include providing full support for IT inductions.
- In liaison with the Assessments team, re-produce oral skills recordings for both teaching and assessment purposes. This includes providing support for invigilators, staff, and students with the oral skills procedure.
- Proactive setup and test any special needs equipment for assessments and exams.
- To complete work streams assigned by IT Project Manager/Team Manager
- Provide relief cover for the service desk, answering phone calls, responding to emails, ensuring Top desk is up to date. This will include providing cover at the weekends.
- Provide relief cover for other members of the team and be flexible and co-operative within the needs of the post.
- Help the University with IT cover during special events, open weekends, teaching weekends taking on an equal quota or fair share of overtime for these events. This may include additional working hours beyond the 35hours contracted which will be paid as overtime.
- Be willing to work across both London sites and change locations at a moment’s notice if required.
- Work co-operatively with fellow business professionals and tutors to encourage good working relationships and maintain high levels of client support and delivery
- Support fellow team members to achieve deadlines within and beyond your own area of responsibility.
- As part of the support services team, assist with ensuring the general smooth running of the centre.
- Keep up to date with the latest IT knowledge and trends
- Actively take responsibility for your own personal career development in all respects.
- Take part in any IT training on existing or new systems for the University to improve personal development skills.
- GCSE in English and maths and A levels (preferably in an IT subject)
- Good technical knowledge of Windows 7/8 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organisational skills
- Team worker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of computer networks and services
- Ability to logically analyse issues and record steps and fixes
- Able to identify issues and suggest/implement solutions
- Experience in a customer service role
- Troubleshooting PCs, webcams, visualisers, data projectors and other technical equipment.
- Sound knowledge of operating MFDs and printers
Hours of work: Monday-Sunday 35hrs total covering 07.30 – 20.00 (shift work)
Shifts can vary:
08.00 – 16.00 Mon-Fri
10.00 – 18.00 Mon-Fri
12.00 – 20.00 Mon-Fri
8.00 – 16.00 Sat – Sun
Flexibility is essential as the position will require occasional overtime.
Location: London Sites
Apprenticeship: IT Infrastructure Technician L3