Role Purpose: How it adds value
- The Support Technician for Retail is responsible for processing the service-focused tickets raised by the Retail arm of the business on Service Desk and managing them through to completion.
- The right person will be supported to represent the IT department on the front line of service delivery. While outwardly this means delivering exceptional customer service to the wider business, it’s essential that the needs of the IT department are kept in mind and enforced at all times.
- The IT Infrastructure Technician should have a passion to deliver excellent customer service. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
- Ultimately, you will be trained to deliver high quality technical support and increase stakeholder satisfaction, whilst maintaining the integrity of the IT department
Deliverables: Criteria/Results by which success can be measured
- Monitor and resolve incoming Service Desk tickets.
- Manage communications for all tickets to ensure colleagues are kept up to date on the status of their requests.
- Contribute to improving customer service by actively responding to queries and handling escalations, where applicable.
- Work with internal (IT) and external (wider business) stakeholders to monitor and deliver a continually high standard of customer service.
- Promote a consistent high quality of service delivery.
- Communicate both independently and as part of the Service and Operations Team, following the organisations standards; demonstrating an ability to communicate both in writing and orally at all levels, using a range of tools and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during all tasks.
- Apply structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies, troubleshooting and analyzing problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to work under pressure to progress allocated tasks in accordance with the organisation’s reporting and quality systems.
- Maintains and optimises the performance of hardware, software and Network Systems and services in line with business requirements.
- Undertake such tasks and duties as may be reasonably requested by your manager or other members of the management team
- Some experience is desirable, however a passion for IT Support is key
Other Significant Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge:
- Proactive attitude, with an ability to foresee potential issues and address them before they come to a head.
- Customer service oriented with good problem solving abilities.
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication skills.
Health and Safety
- Must adhere to Company H&S policies at all times
- Responsible for keeping own work area safe and free from hazards
- Adopts a “don’t walk by” attitude to health and safety
Mercury Way, Urmston, Stretford, Manchester M41 7RR