Support and assist the Marketing Manager to execute the Marketing strategy and Business Plan for NMU (Specialty) Ltd
- Assisting with the organisation of exhibitions, tradeshows and other events (regional and
- Conception and implementation of marketing and advertising activities in print and digital formats
- Development and ongoing management of company intranet – preparation and editing of
new content plus updating of existing content
- Assisting with management of company website(s) – preparation, editing and scheduling of new content for online use plus updating of existing content such as news, product pages etc.
- Utilisation of web analytics to monitor website traffic and writing regular trend reports
- Social media management, content provision and scheduling
- Copywriting articles and press releases for circulation across print and digital platforms (with input and assistance from Marketing Manager & Technical Services, as appropriate)
- Arrangement with publishers regarding artwork/copy for print advertising
- Assisting with print orders from approved suppliers
- Assisting with corporate gift orders and quotes from approved suppliers
- Design and production of marketing literature and collateral including management of version control and stock.
- Assisting with the distribution of marketing collateral to NMU branches and partners
- CRM database management and auditing, analysis and cleansing existing company database
- Undertake other duties as directed within the level of the job function.
- Copywriting (desirable)
- Adobe Creative Suite e.g. InDesign & Photoshop (desirable)
- Design and HTML experience (desirable)
- Keyboard skills (essential)
- MS Word (essential)
- MS Excel (essential)
- MS Outlook (essential)
- MS PowerPoint (essential)
- Communication – Communicate clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Achievement/results-orientation – Get things done well and the ability to set and meet challenging goals, create own measures of excellence and constantly seek ways of improving performance.
- Problem-solving – Analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and weigh up alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Flexibility – Adapt and work effectively in different situations and to carry out a variety of tasks.
- Customer focus – Take constant care in looking after the interests of external and internal customers. Ensure that their wants, needs and expectations are given due consideration and that all efforts are made to meet them wherever fair and reasonable, in line with any standards from an industry regulator.
- Planning and prioritising – The ability to decide on courses of action, ensure that the necessary resources are available and schedule the work required to achieve a defined result in a desirable manner.
- Share knowledge – Share knowledge about the role you perform fully and willingly with others, where this is relevant, in the interests of the organisation.
- Self-development – Take responsibility for your own career and actively support ‘continuing professional development’.
- Team orientation – Work cooperatively and flexibly with other members of the team with a full understanding of the role to be played as a team member.
- English Language & Maths GCSE Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- 2 A-Levels or equivalent
Salary: £13,000 – £16,000/annually
Location: 45 Church Street, Birmingham, B3 2RT