Working as part of the Network Operations team (part of the wider Global Service Delivery Team) based in Dudley in the West Midlands you will be given the opportunity to develop a range of skills ranging from Network operations, Network administration, procurement of hardware, managing Infrastructure right through to working with external partners to help ensure the smooth delivery of services and accuracy of billing.
This really is a great opportunity for the right person who is looking to kick-start their career into a technical position within an IT organisation.
- Participating in regular meetings and workshops with the team and wider business.
- Monitoring the Ticketing Queue for the Network Operations team.
- Ensuring accuracy of billing for the regional internet circuits.
- Assisting in the procurement of Network hardware
- Ordering of new internet circuits with our internet services providers
- Overseeing delivery of the circuit installations throughout EMEA.
- Management of Network hardware inventory.
- Attending regular billing reviews with management team and 3rd parties.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets.
- Teamwork – Working cooperatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- Customer focus – Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Analytical thinking – Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed.
- Attention to detail – Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Quick and eager to learn.
Salary: £10,920 / annually
Duration: 18 months
Location: Castlegate House, Castlegate Way, Dudley DY1 4RR
Apprenticeship: IT Network Engineer L4