About the role
Dootrix have been running a successful Apprenticeship programme for the last 5 years and are looking for our next intake. The successful candidate will be joining our multi-disciplinary team of QA engineers, designers and developers. At Dootrix we deliver innovative, forward thinking systems and solutions for some of the UK’s most exciting companies and startups. We have a highly skilled and thorough team of Engineers who pride themselves on delivering ‘best in class’ software. We need our QA Engineers to ensure those high standards are met, testing everything, leaving no code untouched.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in computers and software, with a career goal of working within the software industry. We need someone who is methodical, accurate, wants to work in a team, values quality and wants to learn. Dootrix is a very stimulating environment and there will be many opportunities to contribute.
- You will divide your time between learning and training as well as working on live projects
- You will be working within an agile team, with a designated mentor to support and guide you through the 2 year apprenticeship programme
- You will quickly become responsible for testing software on a day to day basis. Working with your team to understand what a working feature is before its built
- You’ll develop an understanding of usability – how end users interact with different devices in different contexts.
- Test on all supported browsers and devices
- Test Planning – Devise test based on functional specifications, including acceptance criteria
- Test documentation – record and report test results
Our QA Values
- We value communication. This is at the heart of a healthy team
- The team environment is open.
- We strive to be inquisitive and are prepared to challenge assumptions
- Being part of our team will develop your knowledge to become an industry expert.
- We cherish the quality of work which results from dedicated focused teams
Our mission is about helping our clients navigate the digital landscape, empowering them to do the right thing the right way. We are designers, developers, creatives, technologists, strategists but ultimately, we are Dooers – we creatively apply best practice thinking to the design and development of applications that drive tangible change for our clients.
We’ve always got our eye on the digital horizon, looking to leading edge technology and the latest innovation to bring our clients ambitions to life.
We’ve had some great success stories with our clients, including launching mobile apps for P&O, Heathrow Airport and confused.com, delivering design sprints for Siemens, Transport for London & Aaeron and becoming gold partners with Microsoft.
You’ll be joining our team in Wickham which has been established for the last 9 years. There are over 25 of us in a converted barn in a rural farm location with a pool table, breakout areas and beautiful surroundings you can enjoy all year round. It is an engaging environment with lots to get involved with including regular lightning talks and dedicated time to explore new tech. It all adds up to a vibrant and rewarding place to work with an inclusive and exciting company culture.
What’s in it for you?
- Free kindle with unlimited books
- Personalised training and development
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- The chance to attend industry conferences
- Cycle to Work, Stakeholder Pension Contributions
Little Tapnage, Titchfield Lane, Wickham, Hants, PO17 5PQ