Works with members of the development and support organization and is responsible for ensuring high quality standards and integrity of the Verint Systems software suite. Responsible for executing test plans and processes, for quick delivery of high quality fixes to the field. Typically reports to a QA Team Lead.
Nature of task
Functional and systems testing, champions quality, manages lab environments, and executes/writes automation flows
Job Metrics (How will the role be measured)
- Adherence to project plans and test plan execution.
- Working quickly and under pressure to deliver high quality fixes to the customers.
- Ability to setup and configure Windows OS servers independently.
- Work independently with a remote peer group.
- Manage lab, VMware, and trading resources for the local office.
- Contributes to daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Manages and contributes to automation pipelines to be executed on daily basis and when needed.
Key Performance Areas and Key Tasks
Champion of Quality
- Execute verification and validation procedures based on the test plan and test cases, and document test results in repository.
- Contribute to usability, integration, documentation or functional testing.
- Record and verify defects using defect tracking tool with the ability to prioritize the severity.
- Following industry standards for server deployment, VM management, inventory control.
- Support and/or install software applications /operating systems, as well as manage multiple testing environments.
Team collaboration with clear communication
- Provide effective communication with geographically distributed team members
- Escalate urgent issues to quality assurance management
- Produces weekly status reports to give clear visibility to QA Team Lead to projects and tasks assigned.
- Prepare and maintain QA artifacts based on project schedules, including, but not limited to test plans, test cases, scripts, and metrics/reports.
- Contribute to or lead test plan and test case reviews.
- Produce and use metrics to continuously approve the process of building software and the associated artifacts.
- Executing existing automation workflows, and implement new flows for other areas.
Key Experience & Qualifications Required
- Quality assurance engineer with high technical aptitude.
- Understands basic networking with working knowledge of LAN/WAN technology.
- Experience using database technologies e.g. Microsoft SQL, ODBC etc.
- Experience using VMware or other virtualization technology.
Have some knowledge/experience in the following areas:
- Testing experience with applications using SQL Is preferred (Should be able to perform basic queries)
- Testing experience with call center or back office applications is desired.
- Testing using switch, CTI, telephony, trading switch technologies is desired.
- work independently in a fast paced environment
- work in a global environment and interface with remote groups
- take ownership and manage lab resources, including telephony and VMware resources
- contribute to a cross-functional team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- setup, configure, and manage multiple testing environments
Skills and experience required:
- (desirable) 2+ year’s testing experience using software development life cycle with major focus on functional testing, usability testing and integration testing.
- Quality Assurance Engineer with experience working cross-functionally using an agile methodology, such as SCRUM.
- Experience using defect tracking tool and quality/test management tool.
- Ability to create and maintain quality assurance artifacts. Artifacts include, but are not limited to, test cases, test plans, testing strategies, and certification reports.
- Must have troubleshooting skills, and be able to perform root cause analysis.
- Should be proficient in installing and maintaining test environments, including installations of operating systems.
- Experience with estimating test cycles, producing regular status reports, and prioritizing tasks.
- executing automation experience is a plus
- Telephony knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Effective communicator with good written and verbal skills
- Willing to travel to partner or customer sites
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Self-motivated with a strong desire and drive to succeed
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
Within realistic travelling distance to UK offices.
Required Non Technical Competencies
- High integrity
- Team working
What we offer
Duration: 18 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Role location: 241 Brooklands Rd, Weybridge KT13 0RH