Role Purpose: How it adds value
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Apprentice to join a successful and rapidly growing eCommerce team.
- The successful candidate will drive traffic through keyword optimisation, content creation and link building across multiple websites.
- Understanding in both the technical and non-technical sides of SEO would be beneficial, but a can-do attitude and passion for the web are more desirable. You will need to demonstrate some technical knowledge and creative writing skills.
Deliverables: Criteria/Results by which success can be measured
As part of the day-to-day responsibilities, you will assist with:
- Writing content to maximize SEO potential.
- Uploading content via our internal systems.
- Keyword research
- Reporting & analysing data
- Competitor analysis
Experience: Relevant experience for the role
- A genuine interest in all things digital from social media to SEO.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Some understanding of basic HTML.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in the digital marketing sector and always want to learn more.
Other Significant Role Requirements & Technical Knowledge: Any further key factors which have a bearing on a candidate’s ability to perform
- 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C / 9 – 4 including Maths
- GCSE grade B/6 or above in English
- A Levels or equivalent in a relevant discipline eg. English, Media, Business, Journalism, Copywriting, IT
Key competencies: (select and state levels as required)
- Creative and Conceptual – 1
- Drive to Achieve – 2
- Retail Aptitude & Flair – 1
- Self confidence & Courage – 2
Health and Safety
- Must adhere to Company H&S policies at all times
- Responsible for keeping own work area safe and free from hazards
- Adopts a “don’t walk by” attitude to health and safety
Mercury Way, Urmston, Stretford, Manchester M41 7RR