Summary of role
As a Service Desk Analyst at the BHF, you would be a vital member of a highly talented, customer focused, and enthusiastic team and you would provide the first point-of-contact for end users wishing to receive service from the IT Department.
First impressions are important, and it is therefore essential that you have excellent telephone and customer handling skills to back up your technical and fault diagnosis experience. You will keep the Customer informed of progress against their respective issues and will ensure an effective follow-up to ensure all service has been delivered and completed to the Customers satisfaction.
The role demands a skill level that enables you to resolve almost all issues as they arise and where possible avoid escalation to 2nd line teams. Quick to learn, enthusiastic and self-motivated, you will ensure that the knowledge base is always updated so other team members can learn from your successes and overall performance is maintained and improved.
With a high percentage of Customer’s being in the Retail directorate, you will be required to participate in a weekend cover rota allowing service to our shops and stores to be delivered. Working hours needed to deliver these services are 35 hours/week – staggered in accordance with the support rota
- Answer calls that come directly to the IT Service Desk from internal and external Customers in a professional and courteous manner. Attention to detail is essential when triaging incidents.
- Receive questions, issues and requests for assistance from other routes including walk-ins, voicemail messages, email and the Service Desk portal
- Log calls ensuring they are fully documented and accurately categorised within the Case Management System (Cherwell).
- Record all incident/service request progress and actions within the Case Management System.
- Investigate incidents and fulfil Service Requests within agreed SLA’s and where appropriate pass to or escalate to 3rd parties or internal departments within IT.
- Maintain IT Service Desk knowledgebase within the case management system. Ensure Incidents and Service Requests are updated with complete and full recording of all activity both internally and via 3rd Ensure closing comments are recorded.
- Occasionally or on request from line management support internal events. This may require some travel to other BHF offices.
- During weekdays you will participate in a rota to ensure effective support cover from 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Mandatory (working from home if preferred) for 1 weekend (Saturday and Sunday) every 6 weeks – this is subject to refinement.
- Occasional anti-social working for project related work where necessary to mitigate the potential adverse business impact of project implementation activities.
- You should actively participate in regular 1to1 meetings with the Service Desk Manger to discuss performance.
- Perform routine administration tasks to maintain the effective working of the Service Desk team.
- Ensure open tickets are kept within specified levels.
- Completion of additional tasks as requested by line management.
Knowledge, training & qualifications
- In-depth – Windows OS (XP/Win 7/Win 10)
- Extensive – MS Office suite of Applications (2010 and above)
- LAN/WAN Networking essentials knowledge
- Administration of Users within Active Directory
- Remote Support Tools (i.e. VNC, RDP….)
- Internet connectivity fault finding
- Knowledge of OSx
- SDI – Service Desk Analyst accreditation.
- Appreciation of ITIL at Foundation level
- Knowledge of IP based telephony systems (Avaya) administration
- Support of a Retail POS end user environment
- Support of mobile/home workers
- Maintaining asset registers
- Cherwell case management system
Skills & attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to triage and diagnose end user issues efficiently
- Ability to stay calm and focused
- Have prioritisation and escalation techniques
- Ability to be a team player with an enthusiasm to encourage others
- Good organisational skills
- Good timekeeping skills
BHF – Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London, NW1 7AW