Would you like to work in a busy editorial office? We are looking for someone to help our social media team with sourcing and creating content which will appear on our main social channels, as well as providing administrative support to help manage, moderate, develop and curate these social media platforms.
- The successful apprentice will work alongside the social media team to carry out numerous editorial tasks to assist with content being worked on each day.
- You will be required to carry out regular checks of news websites and social media so that you are aware of any breaking news or stories happening.
- The role will also include keeping an accurate and up-to-date diary of upcoming events which have a news interest, as well as keeping a clear record of anything worked on.
- Any other ad hoc duties may be assigned to you as required, to support the smooth running of the social media desk.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of building social media audiences on Facebook, Instagram and other social media channels.
- An in-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Premier Pro editing skills.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Knowledge of online outreach techniques.
- 1+ years’ experience in social media/marketing.
- Excellent organisational skills; able to prioritise effectively enabling you to work as efficiently as possible and meet the deadlines given.
- A keen attention to detail and a pride in accuracy.
- Able to work independently on your own initiative, as part of a small team but also an effective and willing team member.
- Able to take responsibility for prioritising and monitoring your own workload, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- A willingness to get involved in other tasks and to learn, along with a positive “can do” attitude.
- GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths.
The role presents an excellent opportunity for the apprentice to not only gain experience in the news and PR industry but also provides an insight into various roles and key areas of business. This may help you to realise your preferred career choice(s) and give you vision as to the career path you may wish to pursue.
Things to consider
The position is based in our office in central London, so you would need to be able to travel to and from our office. If you are seeking to work in a large, multi-national corporate organisation then SWNS is not the right place for you. We are a medium sized company who, whilst very professional, are still small enough to have genuine care and interest in all our staff. Our culture has a family feel but is professional and relatively fast paced.
Location: 21 Farringdon Road, London, EC1M 3HA