Wattle, a creative software house, are looking for a bright individual to join their team as a Software Tester Apprentice. We are a .NET technology house providing software solutions in different verticals – mainly within the membership, NFP and finance sectors. We are passionate about providing innovative solutions to our clients who utilise technology (Umbraco, D365, Sitecore) to enable their business strategies and growth.
We are experiencing a high level of growth and looking to find an individual who is eager for an opportunity to get involved within a growing business. We are open to candidates who are looking for their first job opportunity, as well as those looking to change the direction of their career through an apprenticeship scheme. We have an experienced, in-house QA who will act as a mentor – providing frameworks and hands-on guidance in conjunction with the official apprenticeship scheme: ISTQB Certified Tester at Foundation Level.
What will you be doing?
- Designing test strategies and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
- Execution of test cases including functional and regression tests for both web applications and D365 back-office enterprise applications
- Understanding and implementing coding standards in test automation – utilising selenium-based testing tools
- Ad hoc tasks related to their role and the team with the opportunity to tailor the placement to any areas of interest/professional development objectives.
Training to be provided
Wattle is partnering with Avado Learning to find the right apprentice. Details of the apprenticeship scheme and it’s requirements can be found here:
- Knowledge of software development processes, information architecture, web development and associated technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with CRM or CMS systems
- Familiarity with automated testing and non-functional testing tools and techniques
- Confidence using Microsoft Office programmes, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic about digital, technology and the impact that technology has on how our clients operate in their relevant sectors
- Ability to manage a workload covering a wide range of projects across multiple teams
- Quick thinker, able to pre-empt and identify problems and carry out solutions quickly
- Enthusiastic with the ability to be proactive, motivated and autonomous
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player who is interested in collaborative working
- Passion and drive to improve team processes by providing new ideas and solutions
- To be at least 16 years old
- Have English and Maths GCSEs at grade C (4) or above
- The right to live and work in England
- To be able to commit to a full-time job plus the apprenticeship training
- To not hold a similar testing qualification at level 4 or higher
By working hard and demonstrating your ability, drive and commitment throughout your apprenticeship scheme, you may be offered a permanent contract – dependant on the needs of the business – ensuring you have further opportunities to continue growing within this exciting organisation. We are looking for a long-term team player as opposed to an 18-month apprentice! The right candidate will have this in mind as their end goal.
What we offer
Duration: 18 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Role location: Here, 470 Bath Road, Bristol, BS4 3AP