- To provide a second level technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
- To work with suppliers/partners to deliver an effective & efficient seamles service provision, as required by the level of the role.
- To provide any required documentation to the prescribed standard for the service teams and ensure any change in procedure and/or documentation is available to relevant parties at the earliest opportunity.
- To assist with the creation of new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- To assist with diagnosing faults within technical systems and take appropriate action, escalate (as per appropriate level) ensuring proper recording, investigation and identification.
- To maintain/enhance working knowledge of emerging technology and industry best practice, gaining knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and other agreed learning environments.
- To assist with the technical support operation and control of the ICTinfrastructure required to deliver and support digital services and products to meet the needs of West Mercia Police (as per skill level requires).
- To be familiar with and support the aims and objectives of the team, department, contributing to the overall vison of the directorate and organisation.
- To take individual responsibility for fully understanding, and acting upon, situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- 2 x A level (Level 3) Qualifications Grade C or above, including an ICT (Level 3) qualification, or equivalent.
- 5 x GCSEs, Grades A-C or 9-4 including English, Maths and a Science/Technology subject, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application
Who are you?
- A positive “can do” attitude. · Ability to remain calm and controlled, while working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail · Ability to consider new ICT innovations
- Demonstrable flexible approach to work, high level of self-motivation
- Ability to assist with the implementation of system upgrades, working with other ICT technical staff, business users and 3rd party suppliers.
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand the technical aspects of any new ICT technologies
Salary: £16,308 / annally
Hours: 37.5 hrs, Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: West Mercia Police HQ, Hindlip Hall, WR3 8SP
Apprenticeship: Network Engineer L4