You will develop specialist skills, knowledge and experience of the software testing lifecycle. This will enable you to provide a high quality testing service to support the delivery of IT projects, system enhancements, upgrades and Catalyst’s continuous improvement program.
About the role
One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic – which you will make a central part of your role.
In particular, you will:
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Infrastructure team, Change Management, Developers and Testing team to finalise the testing scope, test cases and capturing defects
- Assist the testing team to build Test Scenarios/Test Cases for various types of applications
- Support work on test automation tools like Selnium and try automating the existing manual test cases
- Learn about the housing domain and the applications used to support this domain
- Learn about various application workflows and how to translate these into test cases
- Learn about quality assurance and control standards and how to fit it in the day to day testing activities that you perform
- Explore new testing tools and languages
- Learn to test web based/desktop based and mobile applications.
- Learn to define testing scope and coverage once you understand the application being tested.
- An interest in and some experience of software coding, C/C#/Java is desirable
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and face to face to a wide range of customers
- Punctual, well organised and able to meet deadlines
- Able to build positive relationships with customers and colleagues, whether face to face, by telephone or written communication
- Keen to learn new skills and expand knowledge base. Possesses a ‘can do’ solutions focused attitude
- Be a flexible and co-operative team player and understand the impact of your work on other colleagues/departments.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret system requirements
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to translate business/system requirements into a test case and test scenarios
- Commited to your ongoing personal development and demonstrable experience of developing new skills and capabilities
- You’ll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
Employees are responsible for their own Health & Safety, ensuring a safe working environment for colleagues.
Hours: 35 hours. Monday to Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Location: Ealing Gateway, 26–30 Uxbridge Rd, Ealing, London W5 2AU
Apprenticeship: Software Tester Level 4