Are you looking to kick start your career in Business / IT? Do you want hands-on experience while gaining a professional qualification? Are you enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable with an interest in technology?
The University of Salford is a forward-thinking, fast-growing organisation with a global reach and we have an excellent opportunity for two people to join our Digital IT department. As Apprentice Business Analysts, put theory into practice as you study towards the Level 4 IS Business Analyst Apprenticeship; gaining knowledge, experience and skills that are highly transferable across industries in Business and IT.
You’ll be part of our diverse and experienced team who are excited to help you develop and grow as Business Analysts. We will support, guide and mentor you as you work on a wide range of projects throughout your apprenticeship.
The University of Salford has an excellent benefits scheme including:
- Access to thousands of online courses with LinkedIn learning plus access to the university library and e-resources
- Access to internal Microsoft O365 training courses (we are a Microsoft Partner and use O365 including SharePoint, Teams and Yammer)
- Flexible and agile working policies
- Access to our employee pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Christmas closure (to be taken outside of the taught elements of the apprenticeship)
- Access to discounts and a range of benefits through My Salford
Business Analysts have a wide range of skills that focus on enabling change within an organisation. This could be as simple as a small enhancement to an existing IT system or as complex as a major transformation project involving changes to people (what their job is or how their teams are structured), processes (how people carry out their job) and technology (the tools and data they use).
This Business Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship programme will equip you with the sought-after tools, techniques and experience that you need to start your career as a Business Analyst.
Through this apprenticeship you will learn to:
- Apply Business Analysis techniques to investigate business needs, opportunities and challenges.
- Undertake Stakeholder Analysis, to identify stakeholders, assess their interests and the impact the changes to be implemented will have on individuals and groups of stakeholders.
- Undertake business process modelling to document the business’ current (As Is) processes and Future (To Be) state. Identifying opportunities for improvements to business processes.
- Write business requirements (epics and user stories), ensuring that requirements capture the business and user group needs, are prioritised and state the conditions (acceptance criteria) which must be satisfied for the requirement to be met.
- Support the identification of data requirements and support the development of the data model.
- Working within multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders from across the University to identify and develop solutions which meet the business’ needs.
- Support Acceptance testing of solutions.
- Undertake business impact assessments to assess and document the impacts of proposed business changes.
80% of your time will be work-based, learning by performing the role with the support of BA team. 20% of your time will be allocated to studying for your apprenticeship (roughly 1 day a week).
- IS Business Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
- Certified LeanKanban Foundation
- Scrum Certified Product Owner Level 1 & 2
Qualifications & Experience
- GCSE (Level 2) English and Maths (Grade A* – C)
- Demonstrable interest in Business Operations / IT
- A-Levels in Business or Technology related subjects (or other equivalent qualification)
- Work experience in Business / IT (including any personal or school projects e.g. young enterprise)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and focused on outcomes
- Ability to work effectively: independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills: able to manage and prioritise a varied workload
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to build rapport and establish relationships
- Adaptability, flexibility and initiative
- Positive work ethic/attitude and resilient
- Logical and creative thinking
- Eagerness to try new things, to learn, and to be challenged
The University of Salford, The Crescent, Salford, M5 4WT