At Hargreaves Lansdown, our Linux and UNIX based systems are the backbone of our mission-critical client-facing infrastructure. Due to the increasing demands, we are now looking to increase the size of the team.
An average day will be diverse and present a wide variety of tasks that you will be involved with that would be typical of a system administrator. To name a few; ensuring that the systems are maintained and managed in line with best practice, resolve service affecting issues, implement changes to the systems, build new systems and environments, and providing technical guidance to other teams.
This role is suited to an individual who enjoys not only owning a problem but working with other teams to resolve it. As well as providing day to day support during normal business hours you will be expected to take part in our on-call rota. Due to the nature of the role, there will also be some out of hours work expected.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the team with ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Helping to troubleshoot problems, finding and fixing the root causes.
- Provide technical assistance to other teams
- Implementation of system changes
- Operating system patching and maintenance
- Respond to and resolve incidents and problem tickets.
- Create documentation in line with our standards and ensure consistency of our documentation.
- Implementation/update of new/existing software to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with our in-house development team to help maintain and change our internal platform as required.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A level (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate a strong interest in IT and a good level of technical knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written and verbal
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative
One College Square South, Anchor Rd, Bristol, BS1 5HL