Here at McCann, we believe that creativity is the only way to survive. It’s at the heart of everything we do. We think creativity can come from anywhere; it doesn’t matter who you are, what experience you have or where you come from. We strive to build a community that embraces our core values of being Bold, Interesting and Open. Our CANVAS apprenticeship programme is now open, and we’re looking for people who are willing to grow and excel in our collaborative and creative culture
What is the McCann Apprentice scheme?
The McCann Apprenticeship is a challenging 15 month paid placement aimed at applicants keen to embark on a career in the advertising and marketing communications industry. The 15 month placement starts in October 2019 and if you work hard throughout and prove to us that we’d be mad to let you go, there is every chance of a permanent job at the end. You will rotate across the different disciplines and get a unique 360 experience of the agency. The roles will include a stint in Account Management, Planning, Creative, Project Management and Production across McCann London, Craft and Enterprise.
- Account Management: work closely with the client to understand their business problem Planning: set up the work. Producing briefs to ensure campaign ideas and strategies are effective
- Creative: create the work off the back of the brief
- Project Management: organise the work. Managing the entire project and all it’s moving parts Production: make the work / final product
Who Are You?
You might not have much working experience under your belt. You might have none at all. But that doesn’t matter to us. We’re looking for people who will thrive when surrounded by the creativity, the buzz and the dynamism of our agencies. You’ll have an appetite for hard work and a thirst for learning. You will be bold in offering your points of view to help solve problems creatively. You will be proactive; wanting to go that extra mile for your team. You’ll have passions outside the workplace and can inject these into your working life.
What you’ll get in return:
- Unique experience in a collaborative and fun environment
- A competitive salary
- Apprenticeship qualification
- 25 days holiday as well as your birthday off
- 3pm finish on Fridays in the summer months
- 6% pension contribution
- Free breakfast every morning and fresh fruit
- Social events organised by our Social Committee
- Cycle to Work scheme
- In-house work-outs, manicurists, massage therapist and hair-stylist
- A genuine interest and passion for creative advertising and marketing communications in all its forms.
- A-levels or equivalent – in any subject
- GCSE grades A-C in English & Maths
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills
This is an initial 15 month paid placement with a very real opportunity to gain a permanent role with the agency. There are numerous different career paths available within the agency and we will aim to match your interests with the permanent roles available within the agency towards the end of your apprenticeship.
What we offer
Salary: £8,000 + travel expenses
Duration: 15 months
Working week: 37.5 hours Monday – Friday
Role location: 63 Turnmill Street, London, EC1M 5RR