What is a HR apprenticeship?
HR apprenticeships offer the opportunity to learn more about HR while working in a professional environment. Unlike a regular human resources learning course, apprenticeships split your time between studying and working. These programmes are suitable for those wishing to begin a career in HR and also those who want to improve on the career they already have.
Why is an HR apprenticeship worthwhile?
Apprenticeships are seen as extremely valuable to businesses because they allow you to gain hands-on work experience alongside completing your course. Having an apprenticeship qualification immediately shows businesses that you’ve got the ability and knowledge to work in this environment and have also got the dedication to gain a CIPD qualification at the same time.
What are the different types of HR Apprenticeships?
We offer three different courses depending on your current level of knowledge in HR and the area in which you want to specialise. Each one provides training in skills catered to specific jobs including HR support, HR consultancy and Learning & Development consultancy.
HR Support Apprenticeship
This is the ideal programme for anyone wishing to begin a successful career in HR. The HR Support Apprenticeship develops the initial skills and knowledge needed to begin a job in this field but also provides valuable experience. Apprentices will complete this course with a Level 3 CIPD qualification.
HR Consultant Apprenticeship
This HR Consultant apprenticeship is ideal for those who already have experience in HR but want to develop their skills to move into a more senior position. You’ll learn about professional practice, resourcing, talent planning, and project management, whilst working towards attaining a Level 5 CIPD qualification.
L&D Consultant Apprenticeship
On this Learning & Development apprenticeship programme, you’ll dig deeper into the roles of L&D to help you further your career. Like the Consultant program, this course is suitable for those who already have experience in HR and have worked in the sector before. You’ll discover more about the context of L&D, how to develop professional practice and business cases as well as learning solutions. In this program you’ll gain a Level 5 CIPD certificate.
What are the entry requirements?
The entry requirements differ slightly across the courses but for all HR apprenticeship programs you will need:
- To be 16 years or older
- English and Maths GCSE qualifications of at least grade C (4)
- The right to live and work in England
- The ability to work full time and complete apprenticeship training
- No prior Level 3 HR qualifications
For the Level 5 courses, you will also need to have at least 18 - 24 months work experience in a HR or L&D role.
How does a Human Resources Apprenticeship work?
During the apprenticeship, participants spend 80% of their time working in a professional environment and learning the job first-hand. The other 20% of time is spent studying and working towards the apprenticeship qualification. This includes face to face or virtual classroom training, mentoring, working on the Hive Learning reflective journal, employer training and shadowing and attending industry events. All this combined gives apprentices a detailed insight into the job as well as the learning and thought process behind why we do what we do in each area.
What careers are available after completing an HR apprenticeship?
There are so many different HR jobs available to those with qualifications. From assistants to analysts, your career really starts once you’ve graduated from your course.
Why choose AVADO to complete your HR apprenticeship program?
Run by Arch Apprentices, our courses have been helping apprentices succeed with their career goals for years. With a 95% satisfaction rate for both employers and apprentices, we’re sure you’ll gain everything you want and more from one of our courses.